Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2024

5/17/224 Report - Nice Old Okeechobee Metal Detected Silver Coins. Mouthpieces. Old Sloans Linement Bottle and Ad.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Nice Old Coins Found by Marshall W. 

Below are a couple emails from blog readers.

Hello my name is Marshall. I've been following your blog off and on for years.  I live in Okeechobee. My father and I have over the years found 2 Seminole war forts in Okeechobee. I have found an old turpentine camp and few other old sites. I just wanted to reach out and show you a few pictures. I really enjoy all the info you put out. In the future I will try and send you some more stuff I have found.

---

Here is an email about the horn mouthpiece I found and originally posted as a mystery item.

Hi, your mystery item sure looks like a trumpet mouthpiece. Most mouthpieces are made of a high grade of silver. The color does not look right , if found in a salt environment, however if it is silver it could be worth around 40/50 dollars.
Nice unusual find.
Happy hunting and I really enjoy reading your blog John H.


I don't remember if I posted this, but I looked into it and found some mouthpieces are silver or gold plated. I believe the one I found was gold plated and there is just a touch of plating left on it.

Thanks guys.

---
Old Sloan's Liniment Bottle Find.


This history was well supported by the Boston City irectories. Sloan was first listed in the Boston directories in 1880 and by 1882 he was listed at his first Portland Street location, 166 – 175 Portland, where he remained until 1887. This advertisement in the March 6, 1886 edition of the Black Hills (South Dakota) Daily Times confirmed that by this time Sloan’s Liniment was not just being marketed as a veterinary remedy.

The man or woman that has rheumatism and fails to keep and use “Sloan’s Liniment” is like a drowning man refusing a rope...

Ad for Sloan's From the 1880s.

For more: Sloan’s Liniment, Kills Pain – Bay Bottles
---

Surf Chart From SurfGuru.com.

Looks like the earlier prediccted increase in surf is fizzling out.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net