| Source: Nhc.noaa.gov |
| Source: Surf Chart for Fort Pierce Area from Surfguru.com. |
At least the surf will be a little higher, and combined with the higher tides you might see some beach front sand movement.
There is a rip current warning for the area today. I've written about rip currents before.
Here is a site that tells you how to handle them.
How to Get out of a Rip Current: A Survival Guide
===
I've had some problems with this blog. For one thing, the large number of posts I've done over the years, makes it very difficult when you want to find something particular from years ago. The posts go back almost twenty years even though some of the original posts got deleted long ago.
If you want to find an old post or a specific topic, you can use the search box that you'll find on the blog main display, but the search isn't always successful. I get frustrated at times knowing that I posted something many years ago but can't find it again when I want to.
The blog format isn't the greatest for finding old posts even though it does have the search capability. Part of the difficulty might be due to the search system that requires a specific match on the terms used in the search. If you don't get it exactly right, it can cause a miss.
Besides the difficulty of locating particular items or old posts, the sheer number of posts causes another problem - excellent posts quickly get buried by newer posts and sometimes don't get the exposure they deserve. As you know, I've posted almost every day for years. I sometimes wish a post I like a lot would stay at the top of the list for a while, but every time I do a new post, the older posts get buried. My partial solution referring to those posts and providing a link back every once in a while. That works to some extent, I guess, but I'm not totally happy with it.
I've been thinking about doing something different but am not sure what yet, but the blog format has several advantages too.
I was thinking about quitting the blog altogether a couple weeks ago, but then I got the urge to post some things, and so I continued doing it.
I very much enjoy the people I have come to know through this blog even if I have never seen them in person. I enjoy when people share their experiences, thoughts and feelings. I'm sure you like to see their work and accomplishments too.
The millions of views that show up in the blog counter tells me a lot, but I get to really know and care about readers when I read their own words.
Some people that I never met have gone out of their way to help me, and I really appreciate that. Some are experts and others are relative beginners, but many contribute in their own way. Experts in various fields have helped a lot. Fred Dengler (now deceased) is a fine example. He was a fossil expert that helped me a lot when I first started finding fossils. Even though I never met him, I always remember when he told me, "I am here for you." And he was He helped me learn to identify my fossil finds and that added to my posts. I was really impressed and appreciated his kindness. Many others have been similarly helpful - too many to mention right now.
I never ask for anything from my readers. I don't ask you to subscribe, like or comment. I don't even ask you to read my posts. I don't ask for subscriptions, clicks or anything, but people have been very kind and helpful. Back in the beginning some people even offered donations, which I declined. I had a commercial opportunities, which I also declined. I enjoyed consulting for a TV program and receiving requests to participate in others. And despite the fact that I never advertise or promote the blog has received millions and millions of views. The numbers, as well as the personal notes and contacts, have encouraged me to keep going.
Someday the blog will come to an end. It has already gone on way longer than I ever imagined it would. In fact, I was surprised when it became popular beyond my expectations. I didn't know anybody would find it. Some readers have been with the blog nearly twenty years now. I know of too many readers and contributors that have passed.
The success of the blog was a surprise to me. I never imagined.
I might be making some small changes, but probably nothing very dramatic. Who knows what will happen?
But one thing I know is that I'm grateful for all the fine people I got to know in one way or anther. I appreciate them all and want to say thanks to all readers and especailly to all those that have contributed in one way or another over the years.
Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net