Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2026

9/28/26 Report - Beach Developments and Recent Finds from Readers.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Fort Pierce South Beach Monday Morning.
From Surfguru.com.

As you know the surf is decreasing now.  You can see that above.  You can also see the fluffy slope.

Wabasso Beach Cam - Far South View Monday Morning.

Wabasso and Fort Pierce beaches look pretty similar this morning.  Good number of people were out on the beach by the Disney Resort this morning.  Looks like any new drops on that slope could easily get dragged down into the swash by a receding wave.

With the recent high tides and surf, there was some beach movement.  Al C. found one of the spots the benefited.  He said "nothing for the collection" but he was glad to see some greenies after all the summer fill.


Greenies Recently Found by Al C.


Mark G. also did some metal detecting.  He was out Saturday.   Here is a picture of his finds, followed by some observations.  

Gold Ring and Other Finds by Mark G.

Mark said...

 I had to check out the beaches to look for cuts this morning (Saturday). Big surf crashing and rolling all the way up the beach almost like last Friday. Trash and seaweed pushed all the way up along with a lot of turtle eggs. While the berm over can bring in sand with high tides, last night's rough surf took a lot of it away. I broke out the detector, note: I have not found one piece of jewelry on JB the entire month of September, it was just after high tide and I worked down to the slope which I could tell that the slope was pushed back. Why am I telling you all this because it was exactly like you stated at the very end of today's Saturday 9/26 post you had to find the firmer parts of the slope or the sand was mush sometimes sinking to my ankles like quicksand. I found some nice shells, a plastic "ring?" (surface find), a quarter and a gold ring. A lot of sand has moved around on all the beaches. Hunting should get interesting.


Thanks to Al C. and Mark G. for sharing their finds and comments. I really appreciate it and know that other readers will too.

The greenies are a good sign, and it is always good to find a piece of gold no matter what age it is.

---

Copper prices have been going up and ended last week at about $6.70 per pound.


Ten Year Copper Price Chart.
Ending About $6.70 per Pound.


The past couple of posts I did is the type of thing I started this blog to do.  It was so good to finally see some beach action after such a long boring summer.  

When I started this blog the primary purpose was to give readers some idea of Treasure Coast beach developments and hunting conditions.  It grew into a lot more and included a lot of different kinds of information besides beach developments.  

As I've said before, October has been a pretty good for beach metal detecting in recent years.  This years October will have a more good high tides and hopefully some more good nor'easters and fronts coming through to continue moving some of the sand.

I'll have some good new information about hoards in the near future along with whatever else comes up in the meantime.  I didn't get it done for today.  

Hopefully, I'll receive more beach and find reports. 

Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net