Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

3/23/22 Report - Beach Conditions and 'Working the White Water At The Beach.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.


I went out to the beach this morning just to see what is going on.  Here is what I saw.



John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

It didn't look much good near the access, so I took a good long walk until I found a better looking spot.

I did find an interesting area, but I was an hour or two late.  The good targets were right under where the waves were crashing on the beach.  I couldn't work it well, but I did manage to recover a few items.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

Below are a few of the kinds of things I was digging low on the beach.


Items Dug Low On The Beach Wednesday.

Higher on the beach where it was easier to dig, there was more junk.  There was clear classification, and I knew I needed to be lower on the beach.  I should have been there at low tide.  I haven't done much rough-water detecting lately.  There were undoubtedly more good targets there, but the water was too rough .

Besides the difficulty of recovering targets in white water at the beach, I'm always afraid of damaging the coil.

If you notice the arrow shaped item above the shell, I dug a very similar item a few weeks ago.  I never really got a good ID, but it looks like part of a small latch or whatever.  The new part looks like it might fit into the one I found before, but it doesn't quite fit now, possibly due to the corrosion.


Upper Left; Old (left) and new find (right).  Upper Right: New find (top) and old find (bottom).  Closer view of one end of new find
.
It really looks to me like these two parts fit, or latch, together.  It is amazing to me to find those two pieces weeks apart.

---

JamminJack owns the book shown below and says it is a good reference.  Looks like it would be interesting.

Cover of Book Recommended by JamminJack.

---

The surf isn't big, and the waves have been hitting from a southerly direction, but if you look real hard, I'm sure there are some areas worth working out there.

Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net