Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2023

2/4/23 Report - Looking At Treasure Coast Beaches Today. There Is Some Good Erosion. Beach Detecting Conditions Rated as 3.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Turtle Trail This Morning -
Bags Starting To Appear.


I got a chance to go out early this morning and visited a variety of beaches.  As you will see, there was some good erosion.


Turtle Trail Early Saturday Morning.

The wind switched yesterday afternoon considerable earlier than I expected from looking at the MagicSeaWeed predictions.

There was some erosion at Turtle Trail early Saturday morning.  When I was there the tide was still high.


Turtle Trail Saturday Morning.

The erosion seemed greater down towards the second flag pole.

T
Early Saturday Morning At Turtle Trail.


The erosion at Turtle Trail was all the way to the south way beyond the second flag pole.



Seagrape Trail Early Saturday.


There was a little erosion at Seagrape Trail too.


Seagrape Trail Early Saturday.

I just took a quick look at Seagrape Trail.


Seagrape Trail Saturday Morning.


I only saw one other detectorist all morning, probably because it was too long before low tide.


Wabasso Early Saturday Morning.


There weren't many people out this morning.  In fact, I only saw one other detectorist all morning.


John Brooks Beach Saturday Morning.


It was later in the morning before I got to John Brooks.  There was a about a five to six-foot cut that ran for hundreds of yards along John Brooks.  It was about nine o-clock or later that I got there.


Erosion at John Brooks Saturday Morning.


Although there was erosion on many of the beaches, the cuts were pretty far from the dunes.


John Brooks Beach Saturday Morning.


The cut ran all the way down and past Frederick Douglass Beach.


Cut At Frederick Douglass Beach Saturday Morning.


The beach and metal detecting was similar, as is often the case, at John Brooks and Frederick Douglass.



Frederick Douglass Beach Saturday Morning.


I haven't give beach ratings much in recent years because I haven't been able to spend enough time  looking around, but this morning I'd rate Treasure Coast metal detecting conditions as being a 3 on a 5 point scale.  Beach conditions look pretty good. 


I want to get this posted so you'll have time to make good use of it, so I'll close now.  I'll get into finds some other time.  

The surf will be pretty good tomorrow too, but the wind direction will be changing.  

Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net