Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.
| Source: nhc.noaa.gov |
The peak of hurricane season is near and things are picking up. Still, the ECMWF model doesn't show anything that will threaten the U.S. East Coast for the next week or two. Of course, things could change.
If you are one of those people that plans a metal detecting trip to the Treasure Coast in advance, you might want to check windyty.com for long summer storm forecasts. You can check the winds and changes in storm formation.
---
Till now electric vehicles have been seen as the future of sustainable transportation but the recent developments in hydrogen fuel cell technology has led to new possibilities of what the future of green transportation holds. Recently a newcomer in the automobile industry named NamX has announced its innovative hydrogen-powered car, NamX Hydrogen Utility Vehicle (HUV). The car utilizes removable hydrogen cartridges as its fuel source.
The most impressive thing about this car is the fact that it actually refuels in just 5 seconds and boasts an impressive range of 1,500km (approximately 932 miles)...
Here is that link.
---
You probably knew that Big Brother is keeping an eye on you. Here is an article about the many cameras that read your license plate number and stores that data for 30 days.
Flock Safety, a surveillance equipment company, says it partners with more than 5,000 law enforcement agency partners across 6,000 communities. Is your city one of them?
The Flock cameras are solar-powered license plate readers that collect data as they record. Agencies that partner with Flock can then search the database for license plate numbers, car make and models, or identifying features like bumper stickers.
Proponents argue the cameras help law enforcement solve crimes, but critics say they data could be misused to track anyone, even those not accused of crimes, with little oversight...
Here is the link for that article.
Flock camera map: How many are in your neighborhood?
And here is a link that you can use to check where the cameras are in your neighborhood.
---
I've been struggling with the next topic and that is why my post is late. It isn't that I couldn't think of anything to say. Quite the contrary. My problem was avoiding going off on to many related topics that that I find very interesting. The post could have been a hundred pages long. I had to delete a lot that I wrote, otherwise the post would have been on philosophy, psychology, physiology, epistemology, scientific method, pop culture and more. Anyhow, here goes....
People often look at a new find and say something like "If only it could talk." When a find looks old or interesting, it is natural to want to know it's story. but too often we don't really make the effort. An item often speaks a lot and very clearly, but it depends upon you understanding what it is saying. That demands a lot of you. You have to be somewhat informed. You'll probably have to do some research to understand the clues. You already know a lot about the processes of observation, documenting, and researching, but I'm going to suggest something a little different today.
If you want an item to speak to you, you have to take time to listen. I've talked before about remote viewing, and that turned out to be a surprsingly popular topic. Today I'll propose something that I'll call local viewing.
Only some people seem to be successful at remote viewing. It doesn't seem to come naturally for most folks, and even those that appear to do it well benefit from training.
People are different. They have different strengths and weaknesses. On the whole, that is probably good.
Remote viewing requires certain characteristics, and I think the same thing is true for what I'm suggesting today.
The first step is being quiet. I don't mean just sitting still and not talking for a couple seconds. I'm talking about inner quiet. You might think of meditation as being similar.
Most people are not interested in meditation these days, and it is very uncommon for modern man to be inwardly quiet. It seems that even when we are not actively seeking, we are pumped some source of chatter or noise into our brains. Inner peace and quiet is rare.
Back in the 60s and 70s meditation became popular for a short while, but it was quickly replaced by more materialistic forms of mental transformation, and we got the disastrous drug epidemic. I have to really restrain myself here to avoid going off into any of several rants.
What I'm recommending today is simply quieting the mind and sitting with the object in view and relaxing body and mind. I know that only some of you will be able to comfortably do this.
Depending upon your philosophical perspective, you might view this as either a matter of intuition, insight or imagination. In either case, it can still be beneficial, if you can do it at all.
The intent is not to put too much of yourself into the object, but to let it speak. That is what objectivity is about. Letting the data, or in this case, object, speak. (I think you can probably see here how I could go off on a variety of different essays.).
If you take the time to regard the object passively for a while, you are likely to have some new insights, or questions, or hypotheses. They can all be tested later. But don't hurry that. Take more time than you think is necessary, but try not to force anything.
The first thing you will encounter is yourself. Who you are will determine a lot about how you interpret an artifact. Some people will see a coin as an item of economic value. Others might see the same coin as personal accomplishment, a goal achieved, or art, history, culture, power, or something else. The goal of the process I'm trying to describe is to put yourself aside to some extent for a brief period of time so you can consider the object more objectively.
There are a lot of proven benefits to deep relaxation, whether it is achieved through meditation or more modern scientific techniques such deep muscle relaxation or biofeedback. Deep relaxation will help you encounter objects in a more objective manner.
The same procedure can have benefits in the field too. It might help you become more open and aware of the environment. You might find that it enhances you intuition.
This procedure, which I've called local viewing, is something you might try if you are so inclined. A few people will probably take to the procedure, and many others will find it impossible or even silly. Nothing wrong with that in either case.
---
For the time being the surf remains small and there is no tropical weather threatening our area.
Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net