Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2026

8/16/26 Report - New Figural Bottle Find. Research Resources Online. What Does Years of Observation Prove.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Figural Bottle Find.

I thought this was one of the best bottles I ever found.  It seems to be painted pottery and has a nice seal on the bottle that says made in Italy.  The seal also shows a shield.

Here is the seal on the bottom.

Seal on Bottom


After some research I found bottles like it on the internet. It is a wine bottle from the C. V. D. Barfede company.  

I was hoping to find out more information from the seal, but here is what I found.

It is not as old or rare or valuable as I thought it might, be but it is the most interesting looking figural bottle I've found.

The crowned‑shield seal isn't as interesting as I hope either.  It is a generic “Italy” export mark used by numerous Italian makers from the 1930s tp the 1970s. It does not identify a specific company or area.  It simply certifies that the item was made in Italy and meets export standards.

---

No tropical activity is expected in the Atlantic or Gulf for the next seven days.  Invest 92 and 94 disappeared.  Here is the NHC map.

Source: NHC.noaa.gov.

---

There is a lot of research information out there if you are willing to put the time to find whatever interests you.  The amount that is available these days is pretty overwhelming.

Herer is a link to a site where you can search through old magazines.

Vintage PDF Magazines - Free Old Magazines

If you drill down, you can find things like this in the section on maps.

Plan showing the attack by British squadron on Fort Bowyer at Mobile Point | Library of Congress

Here's a link that will take you to another big bunch of old magazines.

The Magazine Rack : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

Here is a link to a bunch of historic maps.

Americas Maps - Perry-Castañeda Map Collection - UT Library Online


---

They say the only continual thing is change.  As you get older you see a lot that adds to the depth of your experience and who you are.  

I remember driving home one day when I noticed a young couple park the road, cross over and excitedly explore a new house that was being built on the opposite corner.  

I later got to know that family.  They were from the Philippines.   The fellow was a dentist back and had made a good amount of money in the dot com boom.  His dream was to someday own a house on the water.  That was his new dream home being built on the corner.

Over the years they had a couple daughters.  My wife attended the baby showers.  

But the fellow struggled after moving there.  His dentistry credentials from the Philippines didn't allow him to practice dentistry in this country.  He tried one thing after another to get some kind of job or business going.  Not much worked.

Years passed.  The girls went to school and off to college.  

They weren't empty nesters for long.  An elderly parent needing help moved in.

Not too long after that they sold their dream home and moved away.

I don't know what happened to them after that, but it seems I saw one big part of their life cycle.  

You can learn something from the changes that you see.

I saw many others come and go.  There was the fellow that lived in an old historic house that I often saw jogging down the road.  Later he walked rather than jogged and wore a bandage around his knee.  Eventually I saw him no more.  The house was sold and remodeled and sold again and then torn down.  The nice historic house he left and returned to every morning was now just an empty lot.

I could tell you about many others like that.  One of my neighbors had the nicest lawn in the area.  Unlike mine, it was perfect.  He got complements on it all the time.

Then the grass started getting longer.  The garden and yard grew covered by weeds three feet tall.  I never saw him in the yard anymore.  But one day I finally saw him.  He was bent over and limping, obviously having a hard time getting around.

He once put a lot of time and effort into his yard and undoubtedly took a lot of pride in it, but things changed. What the newer neighbors saw as the worst yard in the neighborhood was once the most perfect.  Things had changed.

They say dreams come true.  But maybe they don't come true when, where or how, or last the way you want them to.  Maybe even dreams change.

When I started this, I was going to move on to the changes I've seen on the beaches, but I think I'll put that on hold for now because there is something much more important here.

 

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)

===


Water Skiing Behind a Jet Ski in the Ocean Off Just North of Sebastian Pier Sunday Morning.
SurfGuru..com.

As you can see, the surf is still flat.

Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net