Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2021

12/16/21 Report - Slightly Higher Surf Creates Cuts On Some Treasure Coast Beaches.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Thursday Morning.


I was unable to go out yesterday, but I took a look at some beaches this morning.  The water was mostly coming from the south, and there was some erosion at the beaches I visited.

I didn't have much time so I visited John Brooks and Frederick Douglass, both showed some erosion.


John Brooks Beach Thursday Morning.


There was a cut along much of John Brooks, averaging around two feet.

I did a quick with the detector and found modern coins low on the beach in the swash area,  Nothing older came up, cut I only worked it for a very short time.  There was a heavy layer of shells under a few inches of sand there.  Light stuff seemed to be washing up at the time.


Frederick Douglass Beach Thursday Morning.


Frederick Douglass beach usually looks very similar to John Brooks.  That was the case today, but he cut at Frederick Douglass was a little higher - closer to three feet.  

If I had more time I would have checked some other beaches, particularly those that tend to cut on more southern swells and those that have produced in more recent months.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


Looks like we'll get one more day of 4 - 6 foot surf tomorrow.  I was hoping for more, but at least some stand got moved around. 


Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net