Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2021

12/20/21 Report - Some Modern Finds That Were Not Real Easy To Figure Out.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Watch Find.

Some finds are tricky.  Even modern items can be tricky.  Sometimes they look like one thing and turn out to be something else.  Sometimes the markings don't seem to be right.  And sometimes you just don't know what to make of an item.

Above is what I'd consider an odd watch.  It has a stretch band marked stainless steel.  The watch itself is marked stainless steel.  The ornate part of it looks like 1970s silver, however that part is not marked and an acid test shows very low silver content.  

The name on the face of the watch appears to be Austim.  I can't see if there is another letter under the hand of the watch.  It could possibly be Austime or something like that.  i don't know of any watches that go by that name.


Chain.

Here is another one that isn't what I intially thought it was.  I couldn't find any markings on the above chain.  I figured it was either junk, or at best, silver, but acid testing gave a 14K reading.  It hangs very nicely.  I'll have to research that a little more.

Sometimes things need more cleaning and sometimes they require more research so I put off posting them for a while.

Bracelet.

This bracelet feels very light.  I therefore thought it was junk.  Although there are no markings it tests as gold.  It looks like the rectangular links are hollow, which might explains why it feels so light.  Closer inspection seems to verify that the square links are hollow.


Charm Bracelet.

Here is an item that I wouldn't pay much attention to.  It is a charm bracelet, that I'd take to be nothing special.  A mark was found on it though.  Not gold - but Walt Disney Productions, which in some cases can be almost as good.

Walt Disney Productions was used from 1929 until 1986. The older items in that range could be valuable while others are relatively worthless.

I found what looks like the same bracelet offered on eBay for $49.99, but that doesn't mean much. From the picture on that listing, The one shown above appears to be missing a small metal tag (far left in the eBay photo shown below).



The charms are heavy, but I don't think precious metals, although I haven't tested them yet.  

It can take some research to evaluate even modern items. 

---

I said I was going to do some tests on some gold chains, and I did a little of that, but haven't completed those tests yet.

Other things have been keeping me very busy lately.

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

The wind was from the north this morning and created some small waves on the lagoon.  You can see the wind direction shown as being from the north on the above chart.

The surf will increase a little tonight, but not a lot.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net