Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

4/13/21 Report - Very Nice Ring Find. Finds and Emails From Readers.

  Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Very Unique Silver Ring Found by Nick A.


I just received some find photos along with the following email from Nick A.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd share a recent find. I finally tried a spot I've been meaning to check. The first day I got about 30 or so coins, the second day about 20 and the third day only 8 coins but I did find an unusual large mens ring. 

It took a lot of soaking and scrubbing and it's about as clean as I can get it. 
Its marked .925 for sterling silver and I suspect the eagle is probably gold plated. There is also a stone, maybe black onyx, under the eagle.
 
I've lived here on South Hutchinson Island for 62 years and the beach renurishment sand makes me sick. The beaches here will never be the same. I have a house full of shells, arrowheads and many artifacts I've found over the years mostly between Ocean Village and Blind Creek. Now, like the pics you just showed, it's just a barren mound of sand. The SLC college boy in charge probably has a wall full of diplomas but none for common sense. The heavy brown sand they're going to get 3.5 miles offshore is out there for a reason, it's a whole different ecosystem than natural beach sand. 

Well, I better stop there!!
Happy hunting!
Nick 





Thanks for sharing Nick.  That is a very cool ring find.  Here is how it looked before cleaning.

Ring As Found by Nick A.


It is not uncommon to find the better things near the end of a hunt as the site gets cleaned up.

Good idea to try those spots you've been thinking about.  And keep at it until you get it all.

---

I received this email from Dan B.

I have been cleaning house and came across my collection of iron conglomerates we retrieved from shiprecks nearby during our salvage efforts. I would say 1715 fleet because that is likely what all of these are, but there are the exceptions.

I wanted to show these because they show how much the ocean will cause an encrustation around the iron and create a conglomerate of shells, sand, iron oxide, and anything else nearby. Many times the iron will be completely eaten away but a perfect mold of the item exists inside. Usually a dark smelly goo pours out when broken open.

The first two photos are what is left of some barrel hoop sections. The bottom, remnants of a square spike.

Like many people. I am yet to pull anything amazing from the wrecks off of the beach itself. These items were from a very successful salvage season. But I will tell you that many people avoid iron. So finding a conglomerate is a much more likely way to find something 300+ years old from our beach.

These are particularly heavy items but I have seen quite a few EO's just lying on the beach or in shell piles.

I will send some more interesting intact things when I have time.


Encrusted Objects
Photo by Dan B.


Encrusted Objects
Photo by Dan B.



Encrusted Object Void.
Photo by Dan B.

Thanks Dan.

---

The heavy rain we got the day before yesterday probably caused some erosion to some of the bigger dune faces.

Nothing very exciting in the forecast.  

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


I hate to think of hurricane season coming, with our country already gone schizo (in more ways than one).  And I wonder when or if the left-behind purple minions will discover how they are being used by their anti-truth reality-inversion leaders who are making out like bandits.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net