Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

4/14/21 Report - Snowbird Droppings. More Rusty Finds. Big Flash From Astroid Over Treasure Coast?


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


NYPD Badge Recently Found on Treasure Coast
Find and photo by Mike A.

The snow birds are still here, and they are leaving more than their tracks in the sand. Mike A. recently found this NYPD badge.

Mike said, Found at Hutchinson island resort on Thursday- contacted nypd but haven’t heard back. Wonder how it got on the beach...

---

JamminJack saw the following on the Sebastian beach cam.


Image From Sebastian Beach Cam
Submitted by JamminJack

Here is what Jack had to say.

Been a while. Usually, do not check when sand fills in. Reason I sent this image because I cannot figure out what the person in foreground is doing. It looked like a telescopic rod and reel, but I think it is a wand detector. Let me know.

Still trying to come down. The more I delay the harder to find a place. No one is going back home and more coming to Sebastian, etc.

Did you have a chance to call or go by the RR Museum in Taylor Creek?

As for your 
[detecting] site, there were several similar lots in St. Augustine with nothing but RR related items. Was told they would dig a hole and buried a lot of the stuff after redoing tracks or tearing down older structures, etc.

I can't see the item Jack thought might be a wand detector enough to say one way or the other.    What do you think?

---

Speaking of that site I've been detecting, I was channel surfing last night when I caught a bit of wisdom that I'll file away for some time when I need of a good smile. An item that turned out be a caster was dug up, and then I heard some of that Oak Island wisdom I've come to expect, "The heavier it is, the older it is." Well that reminded me of an item I started to dig a couple days ago. I had it uncovered but couldn't get it out, because I needed an axe or something heavier than I had to free it from some roots. So I turned off TV and got my axe and went out to retrieve the object.

Here it is.

Recently Dug Railroad Fishplate
With 6.5 oz. Coca Cola Bottle For Size.

I figure that one must be heavy enough to be about five hundred years old.  Just joking about the age, of course.

A fishplate is a metal bar that is bolted to the ends of two rails to join them together. The name is derived from fish, a wooden bar with a curved profile used to strengthen a ship's mast.

Then after lugging the fishplate back, I still had a little daylight, so grabbed my detector for a little more detecting and came away with some more relics. 

Still not cleaned, here are some of those.


Three Newly Dug Blades.
Bottle for size.

Must have been quite a battle!  Just kidding.  Looks like scythe blades.

I'll get them cleaned and inspect them better in the future.


---

Some Treasure Coast residents, along with many others across Florida, were lucky enough to see a bright streak and flash in the sky Monday night.  Regretfully I missed it myself, but one local man was lucky enough to catch the impressive show on his video camera.  You can see it by using this link.

https://twitter.com/swrightwpbf/status/1381798443627253760

A few days earlier a we were warned that GW4, a space rock 16 feet in diameter, would be passing just over 12,000 miles from the Earth's surface at about 18,700 miles per hour.

Here is the link for more about that.

Heads up! Small asteroid to pass very close on April 12 | Space | EarthSky

---

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net