Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2022

4/22/22/ Report - Current Beach Conditions: Turtle Trail. Mystery Find: Wadcutter Bullet.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Turtle Trail Thursday.
Photo by DJ.


Look at all the sand at Turtle Trail.  At least one fellow is metal detecting.  

Turtle Trail Thursday.
Photo by DJ.

Lots of sand and almost no people.

---

I showed a mystery find yesterday.  William K. said he is pretty sure the item that the item I showed yesterday is a 38 caliber wadcutter.  

I found a few photos of bullets that looked similar to the one I found.   Below is an example, even though it isn't exactly the same.  The one shown below is a hollow tip.


 l then ooked up "wadcutter."  Here is what I learned.

First, recoil is minimal with .38 Special WCs. Second, a full WC not only cuts easy-to-score holes in a bull’s-eye target, they can also serve well in a self-defense situation by delivering the full cross-sectional impact of a .38 caliber bullet.

So wadcutters are good for target shooting and self defense.  The reasons are explained in an  article I found in GunsMagazine, and I'm pretty sure now that the mystery item is a .38 caliber wadcutter.

Here is the link.

GUNS Magazine .38 Wadcutters - GUNS Magazine

Metal detecting is a very educational activity.  You learn about all kinds of things.

Thanks much William.

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

I may miss a few posts the next several days.  I did most of this last night.

Just had a passing in the family,  so I'm out.

TreaureGuide@comcast.net