Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

9/20/22 Report - Hurricane Fiona and Big Surf Predictions. Well Preserved 16th Century Shipwreck Discovered. Living History.


 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Source: See link below.


New excavations have coaxed more secrets from Gribshunden, the flagship of the Danish-Norwegian King Hans which mysteriously sank in 1495 off the coast of Ronneby, Sweden. The wreck is internationally significant as the world’s best-preserved ship from the Age of Exploration - a proxy for the vessels of Christopher Columbus and Vasco da Gama.

Here is the link for more about that.

Cutting edge science reveals Graubünden’s shipwrecked secrets | Lund University

---

Source: MagicSeaweed.com.

MagicSeaWeed.com is predicting a five-to-eight-foot surf for Friday.  I think there is a decrease in the predicted surf for Thursday.  I don't like to see that and hope it doesn't end up extending into Friday.

What I like is the predicted bigger surf and the predicted northerly wind direction.  What I don't like is direction of the primary swell and the wind direction.  While the wind seems to be from the north a good bit of the time, it is also expected to be from the west for a short time, and it doesn't look like it will result in a good angle for the primary swells.

Still, it is good to get a higher surf.   It is certainly more encouraging than all the one- or two-foot surf that we had most of the summer.  I'll be checking to see how these predictions hold up and what actually happens.

And don't forget the high level of sand on many of the beach fronts.


Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

---

Living History.

Yesterday I watched a lot of TV.  I was captivated by the Royal proceedings.  There was so much history on display, but also many bright examples of the human condition.  In contrast to much of what goes on today, you could see what humans can accomplish.  There were cathedrals with enchanting architecture and great art on display.  Without modern machinery, the most amazing structures were built.  It is hard to imagine the genius, but they did it.  Humans are capable of so much good as well as evil.

On display also so much history, sociology, art, culture, as well as sociology and psychology.  I know there are those who saw nothing good in all that ceremony.  Some people see the positive side of things, while others see the negative, and some see subtle mixtures of both.   Also maybe there was some objectivity, or dasein (being there), letting the world appear without recasting it in our own image - letting it appear and amaze us.  What an incomprehensible, amazing miracle it is to simply be alive and awake.

We saw the Queen and the royalty.  You can see that as being something wonderful or as a travesty of unearned privilege and the fruits of ill-gotten gains.  But aren't we all guilty?  Why was I born with two functional arms and legs and a decent working brain and parents who took care of me, when others do not live past one day, or live years with debilitating disabilities?  There is the lottery of the human condition that at times overwhelms the struggle for self-determination.

Those most happy, I suppose, are those able to share in the good fortune or others.  Those are the same peple that count their own blessings as innumerable.  Others burn in the torment of their own discontent and try to cast their torture on others.

I am happy to be king of my own domain and attempt to shape and color it so some extent.  I was lucky to be raised moderately poor.  I didn't know we were poor.  My world back then was small, which made it easy to grow and appreciate small things.  My parents did well.  That is how I see it, though my sister sees it otherwise.  Just goes to show.

I've had much luck in life, more than deserved, I'm sure, and don't have many complaints at all, though I wish some things were different - as do the royals.

But when it comes down to it, in watching the ceremonies, we saw, or at least imagined, something of ourselves - our humanity and mortality.  We saw ourselves in many varied facets.  As rulers of our own domain; as victims of our circumstances; as mourners; as young and aged; and finally, as mortal.  And recognize it or not, there goes I, naked into the world, and naked again, to what God has prepared for us.

---

Keep watching Fiona.

TreasureGuide@comcast.net