Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

9/28/22 Report - Part II. Treasure Coast Beach Conditions Upgraded.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Afternoon.

The south wind this afternoon got pretty strong, so I decided I better take a look.  I managed to get out and found six foot cuts at John Brooks and Frederick Douglass.  I got to do a little metal detecting, and there were some finds.  I'll get into that more later.  Right now I just wanted to let you know that south winds were running nearly parallel to the beaches and there was a good angle to the waves, even though they were south winds.

In some places the dune cliff was six feet high.  In others, not quite so much.  

The erosion was pretty wide-spread.  Frederick Douglass was also eroded.  With the little time I had to detect, I didn't stop to take many photos.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Afternoon.

I just wnated to let you know there was some pretty good erosion going on, and based upon the few beaches that I saw, I am upgrading the beach metal conditions rating.  I would be surprised if the Vero/Sebastian beaches were not eroding too, but I haven't seen them.  Just didn't have enought time to get around.

I rate the beaches as at least a "2," and maybe a three.  

I'll post more when I find time.

TreasureGuide@comcast.net