Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2022

9/23/22 Report - Beach Metal Detecting Conditions Around the Treasure Coast Beaches. Another Hurricane Predicted.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Beach Friday Morning.

I went out to take a look at the beach to see how things were going.  I didn't expect much, but I wanted take a look.

John Brooks Beach Friday Morning.



On 9/19 one reader sent me an email and pointed out the 5 - 8 foot surf prediction for Friday coinciding with a nice morning high tide. He wondered if that would be a good tim.

Here is what I answered back then - four days ago.

At this point I'm not expecting much though. The [predicted] major swell angle is too east, while the wind is predicted to be from the west at that time. I'm guessing the surf won't be anything bigger than six foot at that time no matter what the current predictions. Don't forget the sandy front beaches now too. If the angles are no better than what I'm expecting, and the surf no bigger, I'm not expecting a lot. I also think good chance of Fiona staying out, maybe turning a little more to the east than currently predicted.

So this morning when I looked at John Brooks, it seems I was correct. No erosion there. The surf was on the smaller side, even though the waves were being held up by the west wind. The water got up pretty high on the beach, but nothing bigger than in recent weeks.  

I recently did a post on the topic of predicting erosion.  I pointed out that the angle is important.  That is something I've talked about a lot in the past.  And also you have to consider how much sand there is to begin with and where it is located.  If you pay attention to the things I talked about, you'll have a good idea of what to expect.

DJ sent the following beach pictures from this morning.

Wabasso Friday Morning.
Photo by DJ.


Seagrape Friday Morning.
Photo by DJ.


Seagrape Trail This Morning.
Photo by DJ.


Turtle Trail Friday Morning.
Photo by DJ.


Turtle Trail Friday Morning.
Photo by DJ.

Thanks to DJ for the beach photos.  Much appreciated.

Now expect to see the copyists put what I've told you in their books and tell you the same things but without telling you where they got it.


Source: nhc.noaa.gov.


Here is the next one.  I'll be turning my attention to that one next, and hoping that something opens up some of our beaches before long.

This morning there were more beach goers out.  It was very sunny and warm.

Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net