Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

5/9/23 Report - A Quick Little Walk Can Produce Something Interesting. Through the Roof. Jensen Detector Store.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

I. Trager Co. Whiskey Bottle Find.

I haven't done hardly any bottle hunting lately and was itching to get out, but I went out Monday for a short time.  I didn't have a good low tide, and the water was pretty dirty, so the timing wasn't great, but I just wanted to do a little hunting.  I wasn't expecting to find much, and it didn't look like I would, but I did manage to come up with this nice brown bottle even though I didn't hunt very long.

As you can see, the bottle is embossed I. Trager Co.  Cincinnati O.

The I. Trager & Company was a distillery in Cincinnati, Ohio from 1887 until 1918 when prohibition ended this business enterprise like thousands of other companies during the “great experiment” known as prohibition. Imagine working for 40 years only to have the government shut your business down and send all your employees to the unemployment line. Sadly this was reality for tens of thousands of workers when this law was enacted in the early 20th century. The law also ended a way of life for the Trager family as they were forced to close their family business also. The company produced many brands of whiskey during their heyday, including Black Warrior, Creme de La Creme, Deerfield, Old Colony Club, Tulip Rose, Edgemont, Youghiogheny Malt, and Union Rye.

Here is the link to the site where I got that information.

I. TRAGER & CO. USED BEAUTY TO CATCH YOUR EYE! - The Antique Advertising Expert

---

Meteorite(?) That Crashed Through New Jersey Home Roof.

A metallic object believed to be a meteorite crashed through the roof a home on Old Washington Crossing Pennington Road in Hopewell Township on Monday, May 8, 2023.Hopewell Township.


The meteorite  is the property of the homeowners.

Here is the link for more about that.

A meteorite may have crashed through the roof of an N.J. home, police say - nj.com

---

I generally don't do advertising but decided to let you know that there is a metal detector store in Jensen Beach.  The owner sent me an email and said he has fifty detectors in stock.  

Especially if you are new to metal detecting, it is better to purchase your detector where you can get some advice and hands-on instruction rather than purchasing for the cheapest price online.  Experienced detectorists might want to check a detector or piece of equipment out in person before buying too.




===


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Good hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net