Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2023

5/9/23 Report - Dare on the Atocha Down in the Keys. One Reader's Bottle Hunt.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


A Great Group of Bottles Recently Found by Blog Reader William B.

Will said he started bottle hunting a little over a year ago after I posted one of my bottle finds.  Here is how he described a recent hunt.

I found two mini blob tops with the wire still in the bottle. And another blob top on the brown beer bottle. I think the ketchup bottle is early 1900s. It is machine made, as the seam goes over the finish. The old aqua beer bottle it’s probably late 1800s. I have found a whole bunch of those, with a variety of finishes including cork and the early crown finishes that were applied by hand. I still have to research the other brown beer bottle with the swing top. I can’t even figure out what the name says. It’s not a really old bottle, but I don’t think it’s that new either.  Then there’s the toilet water bottle which I still have to look up and a 10 ounce Pepsi. The small brown medicine bottle is machine made.  

 I have amassed an amazing collection of bottles in a fairly short time. Of unbelievable variety. Round bottom bottles, old inkwells from the 1800s, an iv drip bottle from a hospital, dozens and dozens of medicinal and food apothecary bottles. Embossed beer and soda bottles, straight sided soda bottles, insulators, marbles, and bottle stoppers. And on and on.  I still have to do research on many of the apothecary bottles. Again, thank you for pushing me into the river.  Enjoy the pics.   
William B

Below are some better views of some of those finds.


Two Fine Hutch Bottles.

A Nice Old Brown Beer Bottle.


An Embossed Catsup Bottle.



An Embossed Pepsi Bottle.




Really Cool Toilet Water Bottle



Another Brown Beer Bottle.
This One Not As Old.



Congratulations William! Great day and great finds. 

Thanks for sharing.

---

Here is the latest on the Fishers down in the Keys.

Source: Personal Email.
---

The Treasure Coast surf will be almost flat today but will incease to three or four feet tomorrow.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net