Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

6/7/23 Report - Treasure Coast Beaches Wednesday Morning. A Few Leftover Coins and Deteriorating Beach Conditions.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Surfers at Walton Rocks Wednesday Morning.

I didn't get to go out yesterday when I wanted to, but I went out this morning.  The wind had changed and the waves were hitting the beach directly now.  The beach was building again.  The lower to mid beach was convex and mostly mushy

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

The water had been over the berm since the last time I was at John Brooks.  The small cuts were smoothed over.


Seaweed Spread Almost Back to the Dunes At John Brooks.

I read that if you have an open wound, you can catch a flesh-eating bacteria from the seaweed.  I never paid it much attention.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

As much as anything, I went to get a better feel for the windy.com data and predictions.  I wanted to get a feel for how their numbers correlate what the beach actually looks like.  I am gaining confidence in windy.com as a replacement for the old MagicSeaWeed charts that I used for many years.

I stopped at Frederick Douglass beach as well, but it looked very similar, so I didn't bother to take photos there.

I also stopped at Walton Rocks where there was a nice cut Monday.  That beach had started to fill again too.  There were a lot of surfers there this morning.


Walton Rocks Wednesday Morning Near Low Tide.

I did a little metal detecting and found that there were still some crusty coins scattered from the cut down the slope to the south of the main entrance. 


Walton Rocks Beach Wednesday Morning.

I didn't manage any gold today.  I had been on a very good gold streak.  

I didn't detect very long.  It was hitting 80 degrees by 8:00 AM.  

The only other detectorists I saw this morning were along the Fort Pierce South Causeway just on the East side of the bridge.  One was a fellow I see working the water there a lot, and the other was speeding along swinging his coil like a clock pendulum.

There is nothing of interest on the National Hurricane Center Map right now, and nothing encouraging on the weather sites.

Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net.