Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2023

9/2/23 Report 2 - Beach Check UPDATE.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Saturday Morning.

I went out this morning to check a couple beaches.  There were no surprises.  My earlier post this morning predicted high tides and mild northeast winds with the surf hitting the beach directly, and that is what I saw.  

Above you can see John Brooks.  The following photo shows how far back the water got at high tide.


High Tide Line Near Dunes At John Brooks Beach Saturday Morning.

With the water reaching near the dunes, there could be some places where the water got to the dunes, but it would likely be where a beach has already been depleted.


John Brooks Beach Saturday Morning.

At Blind Creek there were some nicer surfing waves that were breaking on a sand bar pretty far out.


Blind Creek Beach Saturday Morning.

Notice how far out the waves are breaking.  That shows where the sand is built up in front of the beach.

At the time I was there, it was about half way to the next high tide.


Blind Creek Saturday Morning.

I didn't expect any cuts.  And the sand was being pushed up the beach front.  The water didn't get as close to the dunes at Blind Creek.  As I said, the waves were breaking farther out.

I haven't been using SurfGuru for my reports very long, so was glad to see exactly what I expected from the information they provided.

I wanted to get out this morning while it was still cloudy, but I was too late for low tide.

If you didn't see my earlier post this morning, you'll want to continue reading.