Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2021

7/24/21 Report - Ways to Authenticate and Date 18th and 19th Century Jewelry. Waterway Cleanup. St. Lucie Historical Survey.

 


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


The Treasure Coast Waterway Cleanup began at 8 AM this morning.  I wish I had it posted earlier.


See WWW.TCWATERWAYCLEANUP.COM - Home


Here are the totals for last year.


---


I found a great publication on the methods for determining the age and authenticity of 18th and 19th century jewelry.  Here is an excerpt from the introduction.


Here is the link.

(99+) (PDF) Age & Authenticity: The materials and techniques of 18th and 19th century goldsmiths | Jack Ogden - Academia.edu

It isn't a quick read, but if you are interested, put some time in on it.

---

I had my post nearly ocmpleted this morning when I lost all of it and had to start again.  I'll just post one more thing this morning.  yIf you are looking for clues for metal detecting sites, the St. Lucie County Survey of Historical Resources might help you out.

You'll find some interesting photos and information.  Here is one example of what you'll find.



The Ankeny house was once a railroad stop and had a post office in the extension behind the yellow tree.  

I know it was metal detected to some extent about thirty years ago.  It was recently sold after being improved by the previous owner.

Here is the link to the survey.

Microsoft Word - StLPt1 8-21-03.doc (stlucieco.gov)


---


Source: nhc.noaa.gov

I've been watching this area for a few days now, and it looks like it could develop into a tropical depression.

Keep watching.

At this point the predictions aren't showing a big increase in the surf.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net