Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2021

8/13/21 Report - One Way Fake Coins Get Lost On The Beach. Nazi Cache Found. North Winds Expected.

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

I showed the photo of John's find a few days ago.  I asked if it was fake or reale.  Most of you probably recognized it as a fake.  

I told John what I thought before posting the photo, but thought I'd elicit some interesting interaction from readers if I put the question out there rather than just telling what I thought, but I didn't expect what happened. 

In response to that post, Rich H. wrote the following.

I have so enjoyed reading your Treasure Beaches Report, Part 2 (and Part 1). It’s my daily Zen being land-locked in Colorado and no real beaches to speak of.

 

I wanted to comment on John M.’s photos of the coin he found. It’s definitely a fake. In fact my wife bought a bag of those on Amazon to bury at a metal detecting birthday party we had while visiting friends at the beach between Melborne & Sebastian Inlet in May. I’m curious if John M. found one we missed after the party.  I thought we had retrieved them all but, maybe not. I hope it wasn’t one we missed.

 

Here’s a photo of the “pirate” coins we used.



 Just thought John M. would like to know. Keep up the great Treasure Beaches Reports!

Best Regards,

Rich H.

 

Thanks for writing Rich.  It sure looks like the same type of coin.  I'll be interested to hear from John.  It would be amazing if John found one of your party coins, and we were able to connect the dots, but even if he didn't, your note provides a good example of how fake coins can end up on the beach.

Thanks Rich. 

Not only is the design unusual, but you can see the flaking surface on John's coin.

I miss visiting Colorado in the summer.  I haven't been able to go for several years, but love places like Estes and Eldorado Canyon, and being a bit of a train buff, the Durango to Silverton train ride is amazing.

Pulling into Silverton one year, I noticed a fellow dredging in a body of water just outside of Silverton.

---

Gun Found Behind Wall of House.
Source: LiveScience article.  See link below.

A history teacher found a cache of Nazi artifacts hidden behind a house wall.  The gun shown above and the badge shown below are two of the items in found in the cache.


Nazi Badge Found in Wall.
Source: LiveScience.  See link below.

The items were probably quickly discarded as American troops approaches.

Here is the link for more about that.

History teacher finds secret cache of Nazi artifacts hidden behind house wall | Live Science

---

Illustrating how those kinds of caches happen, tons of equipment and wealth is being left behind as the Afghan military flees Kandahar.  The Taliban has already seized millions of dollar of abandoned American Humvees, drones and other equipment.  What a sad sight to see those we fought with and for now in such a desperate situation.  Thanks to our woke generals.

---

Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

It looks like Fred will cross the keys and make landfall on the Florida Panhandle as a tropical storm.

The other area (red X) according to some models (ventusky.com), looks like it will bring us some northish winds towards the end of next week, most likely staying east of the Florida peninsula.  

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net