Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2021

8/5/21 Report - 1715 Fleet Gold Found. Information on Finds Including St. Clare Medallion. Atlantic More Active.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

1715 Fleet Gold Flakes Found
by The Crew of The Vessel Lilly May.

Photo Submitted by JamminJack.

Captain Gitschlag and the crew of the Lilly May found the gold flakes shown above at the Corrigan wreck.

You usually think of Rio Mar for gold dust, but raw nuggets have been found at John Brooks beach and undoubtedly others.
See The Treasure Beaches Report Direct From Florida's Treasure Coast.: 4/11/19 Report - 1715 Fleet Gold Nuggets. Anthropology Blog Comments on Treasure TV Show. Nokta/Macro PulseDive.
Thanks to JamminJack for the photo and story.
---

I couple days ago I discussed how I cleaned a couple silver medallions. I thought the larger one portrayed Mary, but I was wrong about that. Laura Strolia, author of the Marigalera of the 1715 Fleet and expert on Spanish Colonial religious artifacts, knew better.

Here it is and below what Laura said about it.

You have a St. Clare of Assisi medal, and she is holding a monstrance.
What's even more incredible is that there could be a relic behind the purple stone.
You need to carefully look with a magnifying glass.

Scroll down and look at the different colored stones holding relics--


How exciting! That is a major find! One of the most extraordinary I have seen!
I bet it came from Italy.

Thanks Laura.

Unfortunately I don't remember where or when I found that one. I was impressed by it, but didn't know what I had.

Here is more about St. Clare.


---  

I also recently posted a photo of a handle and long bar dug from the same hole.  Here they are, and below what Gene H. said about them.




I’m a retired railroader and thought that looked familiar to me. Handles similar to that were often found on hand operated pumps and some of the older screw jacks that were in use well before my time started in late 1970. In fact quite a few pieces of equipment used then were 30-40 years old and still in use. Just thought I’d share. Gene H.

 Thanks Gene.

--- 

Wednesday I looked took a walk to see if I could find any bottles.   I didn't have much luck.  I did find an old brown blob top beer, but the top was badly broken and a long neck stopper top bottle, but its bottom was broken.  I would have like the brown blob top if it wasn't so damaged.

I also found this broken doll head and a big piece of glass from something.

Broken Doll Head.


The following would be a bottom piece from a very big jar or something.  Looks like it was maybe partly melted.


Thick Piece of Glass Showing a K and Part of Y or X.

I just found that interesting and would like to know what the rest of it looked like.

---


Source: nhc.noaa.gov


As you can see,, the Atlantic is starting to get more active.  There are two areas to watch now, and there will undoubtedly be more.  

The tides are small, and the surf will be running around two feet for a few days.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net