Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2022

1/24/22 Report - Beaches Show Little To No Improvement Sunday. Around the Treasure Coast. Another Beach To Close Soon.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Sunday Afternoon Before Low Tide.

I went out Sunday afternoon to see if we had any more improvement in beach conditions, and from what I saw, I'd have to say no.

First off, the small cuts at John Brooks were gone today.  The surf had been higher on the beach, but the angles had evidently changed and the cuts at John Brooks washed out instead of increasing.

Below is a video that shows both the beach and the surf at John Brooks.  The waves were hitting more straight-on than yesterday.






So I went back to the coin line I was working Saturday to see if there was any more erosion that would bring more of the targets in the coin line within detector range.  There was no more erosion. 

Sunday, I could still detect some faint signals from deep targets, but the erosion was not sufficient to bring many more of the targets into detector range.  I knew I left some deep targets when I left Saturday.  As I explained, I didn't have much time and left some of the fainter signals, and they were just as deep today.   It took several scoops and considerable time to retrieve the targets I dug even though they were not old.  

Scott B. said the picture of the musket side-plate that I found and posted a few days ago, perfectly matched his find.

He sent the following photo of Ambersands yesterday.

Ambersands Sunday.
Photo by Scott B.

DJ sent the following photos from his Sunday hunt.

Treasure Shores Photos Sunday.
photos by DJ



Golden Sands Sunday
photos by DJ



Wabasso Beach Sunday Just Before High Tide
Photos by DJ.


There was a sign at Wabasso indicating that the park will be close from 2/5 to 4/30.

Great!  Another beach closing coming soon.


To summarize, the beaches that I saw were no better Sunday than Saturday.  In fact, some spots deteriorated from Saturday to Sunday.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

The last couple fronts were just one or two day events.  Looks like one more little bump will be coming.  By the second day, the wind shifts and things start to deteriorate again.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide.