Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2022

1/9/22 Report - Some Erosion and Slight Beach Detecting Conditions Improvement. Watching For Site Clues. More Surf Coming.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Cuts Along Beach Sunday Morning.

I got to the beach this morning and discovered that I had left my phone and camera at home, so I don't have beach photos today.  Too bad, because there was some erosion, and it isn't easy to show  describe without photos.

If you remember my beach rating scale, on the basis of what I saw this morning, I'd give it a two rating, which is a transitional rating.  There was some erosion and conditions were slightly improved.

At John Brooks there were cuts that looked a little like my illustration above.  They were intermittent and were three to four feet at the peaks, which were spread something like forty yards apart., peak to peak.  That pattern ran as far as I could see in both directions.

I did a just a little detecting, and there was one other detectorist there.  He told me he wasn't getting any hits.  I was finding sinkers that looked pretty recent along the water's edge.  Not much else.  There was a sand flat at the front of the beach.  Seemed like a lot of sand there.

I also checked Walton Rocks.  I didn't see any cuts there, but the slope in some locations was back, and there was some nice coarse sand.  There was a coin line on the slope at about mid-beach.  I found it quickly because lower the beach was convex near the flat beach, and it was pretty obvious where any line might be.  The convex lower beach had a lot of those little pieces of copper, which is what you would expect there too. 

While most beaches were probably not much eroded, I'd bet that you could find a few other spots that were improved.

Wind and Swells Today.
Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

I didn't stay long after I discovered I didn't have my phone or camera.  I wanted to check to see where I left them.  I thought I knew where they were, and I was right, but that was too late and no help.

Sorry I didn't get any photos.


---

Yesterday I took a little walk along the river.  I noticed a dip on a newly cleared bank.  You often see those under stairways or platforms on the bank.  But there was nothing there now.  When I looked out in the water, though, I saw the remains of where there was once a dock.

Here is a video clip of what I saw.



That might be an interesting spot to detect someday when things are slow.  

Keep your eyes open for clues like that dip on the bank.

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

As you can see another increase in the surf is predicted for Tuesday/Wednesday.

Unfortunately, the tides are not big now.

---

I heard one more phrase that I'd like to add to the banned list.  It is, "People that look like me."

I wish people could bet beyond judging people by superficial things like appearance.  That phrase is divisive and harmful in a variety of ways, not to mention the racist way that it is usually used.

---

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net