Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

2/22/23 Report - Treasure Coast Beaches For Hunting Modern Not Bad. Two Recent Gold Ring Finds.

 Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

I went out for a little hunt Wednesday.  Figured that the recent north winds might have produced some decent spots, and did find some fun hunting with good number of targets.

 

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.


As you can see, there weren't any cuts at John Brooks.


Walton Rocks Beach Wednesday Morning.

No new big cuts at Walton Rocks either.


Walton Rocks Beach Wednesday Morning.


Despite the lack of cuts Wednesday I did find some decent hunting.  It wasn't easy hunting though.  It was low on the beach.  I would have done better if the tides were lower.  I couldn't get down as far as I wanted but still managed to find some coins and a gold ring.  The finds had been out there a while, but were all modern.

Along with the sinkers and junk, there were discolored coins and a 10K class ring was found.


Wednesday Treasure Coast Finds

The ring is marked 10K.

I know there was more there.  I got a couple signals that I couldn't recover and I couldn't get out very far due to the rough water.  I hadn't been to that spot for a good while, but the last time I was there, it was eroded back to where the older sand was within a few inches of the surface.

---

Gold Ring Found by Dan K. on the 19th.

Dan sent the following email along with the above photo and following photos.

I wanted to share some photos of a gold ring I found yesterday Feb 19 on a treasure coast beach. I found a beach with a 5 foot cut and washed out in several locations. I dug many heavy fishing weights, coins, etc along with this gold ring. The ring has no markings at all which makes me wonder if it may be older or perhaps shipwreck related. It’s a very small ring and looks similar to other 1715 fleet rings I have seen pictures of. The color is very deep yellow which makes me think it may be high carat gold.

Could this be a shipwreck ring or perhaps just an older modern ring?

Happy hunting!

Five-foot Cut on 19th
Photo by Dan K..

Thanks Dan.

This ring looks like a style that was very common a few decades ago. I showed some of those in an older blog. Here is the link from ten years ago.


---



So the predicted bigger surf has slipped back to Saturday now.  

There are still some places to have some fun out there now, so you don't have to wait.  You will, however, however want to search for the better spots, because they are not everywhere.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net