Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2021

2/1/21 Report - Anchors of the Treasure Coast. Mystery Button. Tapping Your Subconscious Mind.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.



Anchor At Vero Beach KOA.
Photo submitted by JamminJack.


I received the following information from Aquanut John after I posted the above anchor photo.

It (the anchor shown above) was brought up by myself, Mike Maquire and the Hahn brothers circa 1994. We brought it up from 90’ of water, 15 miles straight out from the Sebastian inlet, no where near the Anchor wreck.
Aquanut John


Jammin Jack sent that photo and the one below along with the following email.

Subject discussed many times, but recently I have been told many of the anchors around the Treasure Coast have been removed. Not sure, as I have not been down there  for nearly 2 years.

They are important part of research, and many were moved either illegally or for restoration. Not knowing the location of a wreck can sometimes be tricky, even with modern technology. Anchors were a good way of finding those wrecks again.

It (anchor shown above) is located in Wabasso at Vero Beach KOA on US1.

This anchor (below) is from a Wreck behind the remains of Red Tail Restaurant near Avalon Park. Is located near the old Bryn Mawr trailer park on A1A.




Thanks Jack.

There were a number of anchors at Jaycee Park in Vero.  Are they still there?  I didn't notice them when I was there last week.

There is one nice anchor beside Indian River Drive south of Midway, at maybe the 6000 or 7000 block.   I'll check on that and get a photo.

If you see others good old anchors around the Treasure Coast send me a picture.

---

United We Stand Button.
Find and photo by Scott B.

If anyone can add details on the ID of this one, send me an email.

It was found in the Fernandina area a couple months ago.

---

Pay attention to your dreams.  You know more than you think you do, even if much of what you think you know is wrong.

Last night was one of those nights when I awoke from a dream.  In the dream I was sitting in a class on computer-based-education (the use of computers for educational purposes).  Another student in the class asked me if the class met my expectations.  It seemed he thought it wasn't a very good class, and wanted to know what I thought.  I said it did meet my expectations because my expectations weren't very high.  I didn't expect to get much from the class because I had been doing computer based education for 26 years.  That is when I woke up.

I wondered if I had been involved in computer based education for 26 years.  It took me quite a while to go back and figure out when I was first involved in CBE and when I quit the field, but it seems that it was indeed 26 years.

When I awoke, it seemed I knew the number I gave in my dream must be right, but when I tried to figure it out, it wasn't easy to verify.  It took a while.  I felt confident that the specific number I gave in my dream was right even though it took quite a while for me to figure it out in my normal waking consciousness. 

Before showing the relevance of this to metal detecting, there is another good example that I have long remembered.   It happened in 1969.  I know the year because it happened when I was in graduate school in Louisville Kentucky.

I was doing an analysis of variance, a somewhat complicated statistical analysis, by hand.  At that time it would have been much more customary to use a calculating machine.  The analysis involved at least two full pages of a legal pad with two columns of penciled six digit numbers.  The numbers weren't coming out right even though I did my calculations several times.  I finally gave up and went to sleep.  I awoke knowing exactly what the error was.  I failed to carry a digit in one column.  When I awoke I knew exactly what I did wrong.  I never forgot that experience.  It showed that my mind was working while I slept - in fact better than when I was awake and actively working on the problem.

You are not consciously aware of most of what you know.  It might take a fractional second or longer to recall something that you have stored in your memory, but you know it is there.  Sometimes you can't recall it right away and feel like it is "on the tip of your tongue."

You might call it insight, understanding, perception, a feeling or maybe even ESP, but when you look at a beach, you might get the feeling that one area is better than another even if you can't say exactly how you know it.  That is kind of the same thing.  You have an awareness without being able to delineate all the specifics that led to that general level of awareness.  You will gain deeper understanding if you try to figure out exactly what is giving you that feeling.  What are you seeing?  Put it into words.

I'll sum this up with a general recommendation - trust but verify.   Trust your feelings, but not wholly or unquestionably.  Investigate and verify.

---

By the way, "Trust but verify" is a translation of a rhyming Russian proverb.

Build Back Better has to be a translation.  I'd bet it is not a linguistic product of an English speaking American.  Can anyone tell me the language of origin?

---

Despite the wind direction we are still having a bit of a northeast swell.  The surf (currently 3 - 5 feet) will be decreasing through the day.

Can you believe that the first month of 2021 is already gone?


Happy hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net