Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2021

2/20/21 Report - Some Erosion On The Treasure Coast Already. Some Florida Treasure Finds.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

John Brooks Saturday Morning.

I heard the wind increase last night so went out this morning to see what was happening with the beaches.

John Brooks and Frederick Douglass both showed some erosion.


John Brooks Saturday Morning.

The cut was a little higher at Frederick Douglass than at John Brooks.  The cliffs varied from about one foot to a bit over three feet.  



Frederick Douglass Beach Saturday Morning.

It was a little chilly.  There were no footprints on the beach.  I did see one detectorist in the distance up towards the condos north of John Brooks.

Targets were very scarce at both John Brooks and Frederick Douglass.


Walton Rocks Saturday Morning.

From what I could see from the access, Walton Rocks was not cut.

Here is a photo from the Sebastian web cam I received from Jammin Jack Friday.


Image From Sebastian Beach Cam.
Submitted by JamminJack.

Although we've had few finds from the Treasure Coast beaches recently, some have been made both to the north and south of us.


Finds by Mark M.

Above are some from the Patrick/Canaveral area.  Unfortunately I lost the original email somehow.  As I recall, beach reconstruction was going on at the location where these finds were made.  I had it labeled Mark M., so if that is right or wrong, I hope you will let me know.

A few people alerted me to this story which is on the internet, and I mentioned it recently.  Evidently more coins are being found at the same location in the Keys where sand is being moved along A1A during construction.


Recent Finds Made By Blak Bart in the Keys
Submitted by Harry S.

As I always say, there is always some place to hunt and something to find.  Sometimes you might have to investigate go a little farther and investigate new places. 

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


There was a nice angle to the waves at the two cut beaches early this morning.  Tomorrow we are supposed to get a bigger surf, but the wind will be more from the east.  Too bad.   We won't get much help from the tides either.  They are pretty flat.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net