Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2021

6/17/21 Report - Beach Conditions On The Treasure Coast. What Was Found. Storm Forming.

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

John Brooks Beach Thursday Morning.

I took a look at some South Hutchinson Island beaches this morning.  It was pretty much what I expected.  

One thing I expected was mosquitos, and they were out in full force early,   You can expect them at some beaches after a rain, so  you might want to take some repellant.

The beaches definitely looked like summer beaches.  Lots of sand accumulation, but also some nice shell piles this morning.   

John Brooks Beach Thursday Morning.


Fort Pierce South Jetty Thursday Morning.

 There were a good number of shells and a little sea glass.

Shells At Fort Pierce South Jetty.

Also still some sea weed on the beaches.

Seaweed at Fort Pierce South Jetty.

At Walton Rocks there were shell piles, fossils and lots of metal targets.  Many were deep.

Shell Pile At Walton Rocks.

There were miscellaneous metal targets, including a lot of copper, sinkers and some deeper stuff that I didn't dig this morning.

Small Sample of the Metal Finds.

There were also some very old finds - fossils.

A Piece of a Big Fossil Bone Found Today.

The smaller fossils were mostly turtle scutes and other broken bones, such as those shown below.

Various Fossil Bits.

That gives you an idea of what can be found on some of the beaches these days.  

There were a lot of deep targets that were hard to dig because of all the shells.  A shovel would have done better than a scoop for a lot of those deep targets.

I hadn't been to the beach for a while.  I've been so much into bottle hunting and the railroad site that I didn't bother.  I never expected the railroad site to take so much time, but there are hundreds of targets there and I'm not near complete.  I intend to clean that site out, and it is taking much longer than expected.

A cyclone will likely form in the Gulf and head directly north.

Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

It is the time of year to watch for storms.  

Let me know your thoughts on the mystery item I posted yesterday.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net