Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2021

6/19/21 Report - Old Shipwrecks Found. Ancient Seal Impression. Slag. Meteorites. Raking Old Bottles. Claudette.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Centuries-old shipwrecks found off Singapore...

Undersea excavations on the first wreck led to the discovery of the second, which is likely to be the Shah Munchah, a merchant vessel built in India that sank in 1796 while sailing from China to India.

Items recovered from the second wreck ranged from Chinese ceramics to glass and agate objects, as well anchors and cannons, the heritage board and think tank said.

Here is the link for more about that.

Centuries-old shipwrecks found off Singapore (phys.org)

---

A team of archaeologists from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HU) made a rare discovery when they unearthed a small clay seal impression dating back some 7000 years. The impression, with two different geometric stamps imprinted on it, was discovered in Tel Tsaf, a prehistoric village located in Israel's Beit She'an Valley up north...

Here is the link.

Sealed, signed and delivered | EurekAlert! Science News

---

John L. sent me the following.

I am in NJ and found this on the property of a house built in 1865.

Equinox was reading it from 24-33

Looks and sounds like silver, but my first thought was just lead slag from bullet making.

Have not tested it yet.

Readers and writers opinions from just these photos would be most welcome. Expanding them naturally provides the best examination.  John L.

Two Photos of Same Detected Object.
Photos by John L.

Stony waste matter separated from metals during the smelting or refining of ore is called slag.  I've been running into a lot of it on the railroad site I've been working.  Sometimes you can see the metal, but only sometimes.  Of course when digging a signal, you can easily throw something like that aside and wonder what happened to the signal.

Above left you can see what looks like some of the metal at the tip of the slag.  

When you find something like that you  might wonder if it could be a meteorite.  I once did a post that talks about how to identify meteorites.  Here is the link.


Superrick is one reader of this blog that hunts meteorites out west.  There might be others.


---




That technique involved raking areas by the water's edge where you have reason to expect old bottles.  A couple days ago I saw a couple bottles mostly buried in sand at the water's edge.  I dug them out, but they weren't any good.  They were right next to each other, so I thought there might be more bottles buried there.  I raked the spot and out came this Fort Pierce Coca Cola bottle.  It isn't valuable, but for me it is a keeper.  I wish I had someone to film me at the time, because it would have made an excellent illustration of the raking technique.


Old Fort Pierce Coca Cola Bottle
That Was Buried In The Sand At The Water's Edge.


---

Definitions are so important. You can't communicate or even think clearly without good definitions.   You might remember me once encouraging you to look into "operational definitions."  Very important.

So you might be glad to know that our country has a national strategy to hunt out and squash domestic terrorism.  You can read about it here.  

National-Strategy-for-Countering-Domestic-Terrorism.pdf (whitehouse.gov)

So the whole of government is out to eliminate domestic terrorism.  Sounds like a good thing.  I hope they get the gangs that are killing so many good innocent people in poor neighborhoods, but I don't think they are out to get the the gangs that keep poor neighborhoods in fear.  

---

Claudette.
Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

The third named storm of the season, Claudette, landed in Louisiana.  As I've been saying, keep an eye on tropical developments.  This is the season when you want to be aware of tropical developments.


I have several good topics in mind. One is complex. I wish I would have started on it decades ago.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net