Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

6/22/21 Report - Treasure Coast Beaches Still Building. Bottles. Piecing Together The Puzzle.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

John Brooks Beach Tuesday Morning.

I went to the beach this morning.  Mosquitos were still pesky  and there was a lot of sand.


John Brooks Beach Tuesday Morning.

There weren't any good shell piles this morning.  The tide was till pretty high.


John Brooks Beach Tuesday Morning.

I picked up a few things this morning, but haven't cleaned them yet.  Not sure what I have.  Some heavily encrusted items.  I'll get to that in a day or two.

Yesterday I did a little bottle hunt.  Here is an almost.

Glass Airplane Candy Bottle.

I would have liked this find a lot if it wasn't broken.  It is a glass candy bottle.  It is 3.75 inches long.  The ones I see online never have the tin propeller or the wings attached.  I saw one listed as TWA 44, but the embossing looks more like TMA to me.

Here is one I found listed on ebay.


That was a challenging sight find.  Being small, irregular and a having a very unusual shape for a bottle, it is not the kind of thing that sets off your visual feature detectors.

I also found a hobble skirt Fort Pierce Coca Cola bottle and a bottle embossed Long Distance.

Embossed Long Distance Bottle

I've found this type of Long Distance bottle before.  I don't believe I ever found any information on it.
It is embossed A. M. Dodge, Inc. around the bottom.  My wife didn't hold the bottle in the center of my camera's focus.  ; )  

---

I haven't detected the Indian River Ridge site for two or three days, but here is some of what I learned.

I found a lot of the small items shown below on the Indian River Ridge site.   They are electrical wire connectors.  I had very similar ones on my pre-war Lionel accessories.  

The top one is broken and was a poor choice for a side photo. 

Two Similar Dug Wire Connectors.
One Flat And The Other On Edge.

Rule increments are 1/32 inch.


I dug a lot (maybe 15 - 20) of the items shown below. I posted a picture of a few of these before as mystery items. Most of those who responded thought they were old batteries of some type. I just found a photo showing similar items online labeled batteries, so it seems that is what they are.


Items Found Scattered Over Site
Producing Many Railroad Related Items.

Below is the photo I found online.  It looks like the same thing.  Some seem to have metal caps though.

Online Photo Labeled Simply "Batteries."


Unlike many of the railroad items I found on the site, I never found more than two of these in the same hole.  They were scattered fairly evenly all over the site.  It seems they were not buried in groups, like many of the items found on the site.  That is very much how the little wire connectors were distributed too.   Since the batteries and connectors are so similarly distributed and in comparable numbers, it seems they might go together.  And it makes sense that batteries would be associated with wire connectors.

The picture is getting more and more clear as more evidence is collected.

---

Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

It looks like there is some chance that a storm might be headed this way.  MagicSeaWeed is showing a slight increase in the surf in a few days.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net