Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2022

2/20/22 Report - Walk Along The Indian River Lagoon. A Mystery Item and Hundred-Year-Old Adolphus Busch Bottle.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.\



Yesterday I took a little walk along the Indian River lagoon.   You can see in the video above how nice it was.  I keep my eyes open for bottles or anything interesting during my walks.  Yesterday the water was murky in most places, but in a few areas visibility was better.  

I didn't find much but did find some interesting things.  Below is shown an old blob top bottle (probably beer) that I found.  Too bad the top was so damaged.




I also found a large broken Western Stoneware item (shown below).  I think it is a bed or foot warmer.

I'll have to go back and inspect it better.  I don't think the top removes, but I'm going to check that if I can find it again.  You can get an idea of the size by comparing it with the boot in the photo on the left.



I actually found part of the same item before.  I'm pretty sure of that.  


In 1906 the Western Stoneware Co. was formed by the merging of seven different stoneware and pottery companies, these companies were now known as Western Stoneware Co. Plants One Through Seven. This new company kept the same style of maple leaf logo that the Monmouth Pottery Company had used previously.

What do you think the item is?

Continuing on, I finally found a nice old bottle in great condition.




Blown Aqua Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company Bottle.


This bottle was made prior to 1916.  It shows a lot of bubbles and has an applied top with rounded lower ring.  You can see the markings on the bottom.

For a great site on Adolphus Busch bottles, here is a link.


All things considered; it wasn't a bad outing even though only one bottle was found in good condition.  

As I often say, "There is always somewhere to hunt and something to find."

---

There are people who walk along the river and pick up junk, it is nice they pick up junk, but they don't know anything about old items and end up throwing away some very old and nice pieces of history.

---

It is breezy this morning.  Should be a nice day to go out.

Yesterday I noticed a place where the vegetation had been recently cleared.  Looked like it should be inspected for old items.\  Maybe it will be worth metal detecting.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Looks like we're going to get several days of the same.  The wind direction is going to remain pretty consistent.  I don't expect much, but there could be a few small areas where the sand keeps getting moved out.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net