Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2022

2/18/22 Report - Detecting a Skinny Beach. Many Beach Goers and Detectorist. Moderate Surf To Continue.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Thursday Afternoon.

From the little that I've seen, the better spots have been few and far between recently.  It can take a lot of time to find one unless you have been carefully following a more promising spot or two over the past few weeks.

I have been watching one stretch of maybe five hundred yards of skinny beach over the past few weeks and worked it maybe a half dozen times, as I've described to you.  It has not produced anything other than modern items but is closer than the other areas I've inspected to the older sand, and even though the targets are mostly modern, at least it gives you something to dig, and the possibility of something interesting.  I enjoy exploring areas like that.  Even when they don't give you anything great, I enjoy studying areas like that and am entertained at the same time.

(I adopted the term "skinny beach" to refer to areas where older layers of sand, and presumably older finds, are covered by a smaller than average amount of more recent and less productive sand.)

Along that long stretch, the productive spots have moved around over the past few weeks.  As the winds and waves change, so does the location of the productive area, which in relation to the entire stretch, is at times fairly small.  The productive area one day might be small and another day, much larger.  One day the productive area might be to the north and the nest to the south, or in the middle somewhere.

Thursday afternoon I went out to take a look at the beaches and hopefully do a little metal detecting.  I found a nice low tide.  You can see that in the following photos.


John Brooks Thursday Afternoon.

Targets were scarce at both Brooks and Douglass.  I saw one other detectorist at Brooks, but am sure there were more earlier.

Frederick Douglass Beach Thursday Afternoon.


There were definitely a lot of snow birds on South Hutchinson Island, which means that there could be some recent items lost.

Frederick Douglass Beach Thursday Afternoon.

Frederick Douglass showed slightly more cuts than John Brooks Thursday.

Thursday I found the productive spot farther north and smaller than it had been on my two most recent visits.  If I had gone to the area that produced most on my past two visits, I would have found virtually nothing.  

There were a lot of small pieces of various metals, and a lot of iron and some sinkers and fishing items.
Here is a sampling of the coins and small bits.  I've been passing on the iron.  I don't get a lot of field time and there is just too much to dig everything.

Sampling of Dug Targets.
\
As long as you are digging stuff, eventually something better will come up.  




There are some areas, like the one where I've been doing most of my detecting lately, that I enjoy studying.  There is a real variety of targets.  It is a treasure beach, so there is always the possibility of something old and good.  It isn't into the old stuff right now, but is close.  I'm not going to narrow down any more than that because good spots aren't easy to find these days, especially close to my home and I hope to keep studying it over time, so don't want it to get completely cleaned out and it can get buried and disappear any time.  

By the way, with all the snowbirds and detectorists these days, you might want to walk a good distance from the accesses.  Those areas are getting hit hard.

---

If you watch the speeches at Davos, including especially the introduction of Trudeau in 2016, you'll understand why these people are so extreme.  The elites have risen to the top but still lack inner fulfillment, which they seek in a great cause.  They believe they are the special, if not chosen, agents to usher in a new world order.  You can clearly see the "Messiah Complex" as they give speeches on the Utopian Society of their dreams.  That is what makes them so extreme and willing to break and ruin individuals and families for their new world order.  I didn't understand why people like Trudeau were so irrational until I watched the World Economic Forum speeches at Davos.  It helps to understand where this craziness is coming from.  It isn't just a U.S. Republican or Democrat thing.  

Davos and the Purloined Letter Conspiracy | New Eastern Outlook (journal-neo.org)

---


We are going to get continued moderate surf for several days.  Notice the wind changes, which are predicted to become pretty consistent after Sunday.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net