Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

5/11/22 Report - A Morning Metal Detecting a Treasure Coast Beach. Peak Surf Today.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

I went out to look around and do a little metal detecting.  It is the first time I got out in the morning for a while.  There were almost no other beach goers depsite the fact that it was a nice sunny morning.

As expected again, the water got up fairly high, but there was little additional erosion.  The slopes were not very steep and mostly mushy.

I did find some seasoned coins.  One I have not yet identified.  It will take some more cleaning and inspection.

Looking North From Frederick Douglass Beach Wednesday Morning.

As usual Frederick Douglass and John Brooks looked very similar.

I eventually found a interesting area where I was finding vert seasoned coins and a few other odd pieces.

Stones and Shells At The Water's Edge.


Here is one find I need to clean to see if I can tell what it is.  It is on top of a penny so you can see the size.  It is just slightly smaller than a penny.  You can see the rim of the penny.

Unidentified Coin Find On Penny.


---  

The surf will start decreasing after today.

Surf Predictions.
Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

The tides are still small.

If we had some good tides and north winds with this nine-foot surf, there would have been more erosion.

Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net