Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2022

5/8/22 Report - Bigger Surf Coming. Some New Bottle Finds.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Monday the surf is supposed to begin increasing.  Looks like the surf will be pretty big.  Too bad the tides are so small.

-----



I just returned from up north where I presided over a funeral, and I got a chance to go out and look around a little.  I didn't do any detecting since returning yet, but I still managed to find some old things.  One of them was the broken bottle shown above, which gives some local history.

As you can see it is a round Florida Store quart milk bottle.  Too bad it is broken, but it sill gives a lot of interesting history.  On one side it has a embossed outline of the state of Florida..  It is also embossed 5 cents, which is the amount of the bottle deposit, not the price of a quart of milk,  There is a lot of good information on this bottle and with a little research I should be able to put a fairly accurate date on it.

I've found a lot of Florida dairy bottles over they years - the last one was a very nice Seminole Milk Company bottle

I also found a couple blown bottles.  One was the bottle shown below.

Blown Light Aqua Bottle.

This bottle has no embossing.  It has barnacles and dirt and badly needs to be cleaned.  It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what it once held. It is not a common shape.


Brown Whiskey Bottle.

I need to clean this one and inspect it better.  It seems to be earlier than 1935.  No forbids sale or reuse embossing.

Here is another blown bottle.  I have another, which is in better shape.  This one is scratched up.  Maybe it won't look so bad when it is cleaned.  I like the blob top.


Good hunting,

TreasurGuide@comcast.net