Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2023

1/27/23 Report - Recent Treasuren Coast Finds: Gold Ring and Coins. Bottles.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Two Views of 14K Ring Found by Michael T.

Michael T. sent these metal detecting find photos and the following description of his hunt.  He provides some good advice.

Good morning Mike T here. Beach conditions as we all know have been less than fantastic the last few weeks. I have not even been to the beach in almost 3 weeks due to the cold weather and other activities also, knowing the conditions were sandy.
    My good friend just took delivery of an Equinox  900 and we’ve been doing a little park hunting which we both enjoy when the beach is not good. We’ve been watching a little hole open up on one of the Martin County beaches, so Tuesday I reached out and asked him if he wanted to give it a shot with the new machine.
  We have both been hunting equinox 800s for the last two years with great success so I was anxious to see how the new 900 would perform. On Tuesday we worked this spot and we both had a number of coin finds. The pic with the watch band is from Tuesday. We found a moderate number of coins and some other random items in this big horse shoe in the beach. I will say that the 900 seems as though it has a much faster processor, which really helps when you’re working in an area with a lot of junk and there was a lot of iron nails in this area. Anyway, no great finds the first day just coins and random stuff but I knew that since there was so much iron and I had dug a few deep coins I wanted to bring my PI machine back. Knowing the number of nails here I was expecting to dig a lot as you do with a pulse induction machine but I also know that on that layer where the iron settles can be other very good valuable targets, and it was the only spot on the beach producing the nails as the horseshoe level was lower than the rest of the surrounding beach.  Sure enough in between all those nails and very deep was this beautiful 14 karat gold ring that we had both passed over the day before with our high-tech Minelab machines with 15 inch coils. I have always been a pulse induction fan. Many people are afraid of them or don’t understand or just don’t wanna dig all the iron and some days I am the same way, which is why I usually start with my equinox 800 to preview the areas but once I find a sweet spot that has potential I will go in and dig everything and the value of that is what is shown in the picture. Sometimes you have to dig a lot of holes just to find one good target but it’s always worth it! Perseverance pays! :) Happy Hunting!

Other Finds by Michael T.


Michael's Ring Find Along With Other Items Dug.


A Beautiful Day For a Hunt.
By Michael T.

Thanks for sharing Michael.  Congratulations on the Find.

Like Michael, I will also switch detectors at times - maybe going from the Equinox to the ATX, for example.

'---

I finally got to go out and look for bottles Thursday morning and brought back a few.

YELL.OWSTONE - LOUISVILLE, KENTUCY
Bottle Find

One bottle I picked up was this embossed Yellowstone bottle.  I already had one like that.

Another was the following brown cork-top bottle, which was in very good shape but otherwise unremarkable.

Brown Cork-Top Bottle Find.

Below is the bottle that is by far my favorite find of that hung.  It is the biggest blown blop top bottle I ever found, and the blob top is in great shape even though the bottle shows case wear and other wear.  It has some nice bubbles. 

Large Blown Blob Top Bottle
Beside Coca Colar for Size Comparison.

Here is a closer view of the top.

Neck and Top of Large Blown Bottle.

I haven't cleaned any of those yet.

The bottom is embossed A B Co.  I presume that to be the American Bottling Company, but don't know anything more about that bottle yet.

The bottle stands fourteen inches tall.

---