Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2023

1/28/23 Report - Some Erosion To Front of Treasure Coast Beaches. A Class of Treasure You Might Enjoy.


 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Turtle Trail Friday Afternoon.

Maybe you noticed yesterday when the wind picked up yesterday.  It was pretty brisk for a while and was coming from the North/Northeast.  In short order, it started taking sand from some of the beach fronts.  And, of course, the small surf kept the erosion to the front of the beach.

DJ took these photos.


Turtle Trail Friday Afternoon.


Seagrape Trail Friday Afternoon.


Seagrape Trail Friday Afternoon


Wabasso Friday.

Dj revisited the beaches Saturday AM.

Wabasso Around 7 AM Saturday.

The change in sun direction makes it hard to compare, but it look like there is perhaps some, little difference from last night.  

Turtle Trail Saturday Morning.  

Compare this one with the first one from Turtle Trail taken yesterday.  

Great job DJ. That should help a lot of people who are wondering about the beaches this morning.  

It appears that yesterday morning when we had that gusty wind around midday most of the erosion occurred but it was during a small surf, which kept the erosion to the beach front and it was fairly short-lived.  Enter that information into the equation when figuring our where you want to go this morning.

Of course, smaller erosion events will vary from spot to spot, but still this information adds to your knowledge.  If you had a good spot, there is a chance that it is slightly improved this morning or will begin producing once again if it had been producing in the recent past.  There will be no huge changes, but sometimes it only takes a few inches and even a small movement of sand can do that.

Thanks DJ.  Great help.  Hopefully others will add to the beach coverage.

---

A couple of days ago I picked up a handmade swirl marble that was badly damaged.  Although it was badly damaged, it made me curious, so I did some research.

Recently Foudn Common Cats Eye
And Old Blown Marble.

After doing the research, I wish I didn't throw away that blown marble even though it was badly damaged.  I seldom regret keeping something, but occasionally find myself regretting throwing something away.  

A treasure isn't a treasure until you recognize it as such.  Knowledge transforms finds.  It cana take a clump of metal and turn it into a valuable historic artifact.  Knowledge is treasure.

I realized my damaged marble was probably older and possibly more interesting than most of the marbles I've found, but I didn't know much about it at all.  It motivated me to do some research even if it was damaged.  I learned that some marbles can sell for hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

The one shown above, according to the little I've now learned about such things, seems to be old and rare, although sadly in very poor condition.  

Here is a link that lists fifteen very valuable marbles.  The Top 15 Most Valuable Marbles Worth a Fortune (txantiquemall.com).  When reading such lists, try to identify what it is that makes them valuable.

This marble caused me to do some research and as a result I now better appreciate a whole class of treasure that I didn't take very seriously in the past.  This one isn't valuable, but at least I learned more about old marbles.  I also learned that some marbles that I thought were nothing special were worth more than I thought.  I'm glad I kept them.

Here is a great marble web site.  You'll want to be able to recognize a good one when you see it.

An online reference guide for marble collectors (marblecollecting.com)

Also Antique Marbles Identification and Value Guide (txantiquemall.com)

 It is interesting how finds gain value as you add knowledge to them.  A find has no value until someone values it. 

By the way, the cats eye marble shown above was a tough find.  It is mostly clear with just a little greenish color and being submerged in water was very difficult to see.  I recognized it as a difficult find, even if not a valuable find.  I'm always glad to make the difficult finds, because then I know I'm not missing them.

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com

The surf is getting a little bigger, but the north wind we had yesterday has switched some.  It is goind to be coming more from the south.

Good hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net