Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

3/15/23 Report - One Nice Find. Some Beaches Providing Modern Finds. Chance For Bigger Surf Next Week.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

14K Diamond Cluster Ring Find.

Yesterday I finally got out and took a look at a couple beaches.  It was later in the afternoon..  You can see from the photo below that the water got pretty high up on the beach at John Brooks.

Entrance to John Brooks Beach Tuesday Afternoon.


You could clearly see the layers of sand that got washed back over the flat beach (below).


Layers of Newly Deposted Sand Near Back of Flat Beach at John Brooks.

The slope was mushy and hadn't changed much from the last time I was there.


Slope of Beach at John Brooks Tuesday Afternoon.



The last time I was there it was closer to high tide. Yesterday it was close to low tide.


John Brooks Beach Tuesday Afternoon.

Since I was later today, the beach-goers were mostly gone.

Due to the beach conditions, I decided to skim for recent drops. By skim I mean move fast and cover ground for shallow recent drops.  I didn't use the pinpoint mode that I've been talking about recently but did ok skimming.  I'm sure I left a lot simply because I didn't have much time.  

All the coins were bright and shiny as was the ring.  As I've explained many times, I switch up strategies and techniques depending upon beach conditions and other factors.  Sometimes it works out well, and I'm sure there are times when I miss something good.  Given the short hunt, I was satisfied with the results.

I also topped at Walton Rocks before going home.  Wanted to see what was going on there.


Walton Rocks Beach Tuesday Afternoon.

It wasn't much different.  There were more coins due to the heavier recent beach traffic.  

The front beach was convex. Sand was accumulating there too.  

So despite the higher surf, I saw no significant erosion at those beaches.  

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Looks like we might have another chance for improved conditions early next week.  Although we had some higher surf recently, the tides were helping.

We'll have to see if the prediction for that bigger surf next week holds up.  I hope so.  Even if it doesn't expose many older items, it could at least concentrate more of the recent drops.

I've been reading through some interesting Spanish colonial history that I'll post when I get a chance.

Good hunting,
\TreasueGuide@comcast.net