Search This Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2023

3/24/23 Report - Resources for Researching Spanish Colonial Artifacts.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Source: See usta.edu link below.


I found a good article on Spanish Colonial artifacts you might want to look at.  

It is An Inventory and Analysis of Spanish Colonial Construction-related Artifacts from Texas and Louisiana with French Colonial Comparative Material by Shelley E. Roff, Jason B. Perez, and Jessica Nowlin 

Here is the link.

SR No. 34.pdf (utsa.16th cenedu)

The item shown above is very much like one I found.  I could find mine right off, which is another example of what I talked about the other day -  insufficiently organized storage of finds.  And my blogs have become so large that I could not find the item there either.

---

Here is a good ebook.  - Spanish Artifacts from Santa Elena Stanley by Russell K. Skowronek and Richard E. Johnson.
It is nearly five hundred pages and has many artifact photos and illustrations.  Here is one of the many illustrations that you might find helpful.


Below is another.

Lead Fishing Objects.

If you've been following this blog closely, you know that I've been wondering about some lead rolls like the ones shown above.  The two on the left in the above illustration are identified as lead line weights.  They seem to match some that I've shown.  Others that I've shown have no evidence of any split, and I suspect have another use.

That is just one more of the many illustrations in this ebook.  There are many other illustrations of things like aglets, buckles, bells, crossbow points, etc. etc.   Of course there are a lot of pages on ceramics or pottery.

I noticed several items that appeared to be the same as mystery items that I've found or posted in the past.  Take a look.

Here is the link.