Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2023

10/29/23 Report - Amazing Sixteenth Century Artifact from Treasure Coast. Hunting Whitewater Line Seconded.


Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report. 


Lead Seal Dated 1571
Find and Photo by Russ P.

Above is a great Treasure Coast beach find by Russ. P.  It doesn't get any better than that.  The design and date on the date is very sharp.

Here is a larger view.

Close-up View of 16th Century Lead Seal Found by Russ P.


And below is a write-up of the artifact sent by Russ P.







Now that is a really cool find.  The next thing to figure out is how it got there, what ship it came from, etc.  

Congratulations to Russ.  And thanks for sharing.

---

Yesterday I mentioned where I metal detecting coins.  Mark D.. seconded that.  Here is what he said.

First of all I love reading your beach reports.

 

I was trying to get out earlier this week to hunt the cuts but I still work so I have been taking Fridays off to hunt.

 

I was at Treasure Shores Beach park last Friday when you were at Wabasso beach a little South and what a difference a day makes.

 

The cuts were filled in so I hunted the low tide and your Saturday report is right on, the low tide shell line was where I was finding stuff but it was everything from old, corroded tent stakes to new pennies.

 

I did find a 2000 dated dime which had been there awhile and a 925 Sterling Silver ring that was very badly corroded so it had been there awhile in the same line that I found 3 new design shiny pennies?


Thanks for sharing, Mark.


---


Surf Chart for Fort Pierce Area from Surfguru.com.


As you can see, the surf will decrease a little, then Wednesday will increase again.  Keep watching.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net