Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

10/25/23 Report - Erosion and Improving Metal Detecting Conditions on the Treasure Coast This Morning. More Expected.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Rainbow Wednesday Morning.

I got up this morning, looked out, and saw a windy cloudy morning, and just from the look suspected something might be happening to the beaches, so I went out to take a quick look.  As seems to always be the case, I have other things I have to do today, so I took a quick look when I had the chance.

Fortunately, it didn't take me but a few minutes to get ready and go.  I had most of my gear ready and have the routine down.


John Brooks Wednesday Morning.

As soon as I got to the beach, I could see that the flat beach was shorter and knew it had been cut back.

As you probably know that beach had been built up a lot this summer.


Eroded Beach at John Brooks Wednesday Morning.

The slope wasn't real firm.

Looking at the face of the cut there were almost no shell layers.  None of any significance  

It is good to look at the face of the cut.  You can tell how that part of the beach was built, and therefore, what might come out of it. 

Same erosion extended to the south.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.

The sky was clearing and the rainbow shown at the top of this post appeared as I was leaving.

I only did a quick little hunt.  Just didn't have the time to spend, but I did manage one ring.  No coins, by the way.


Sterling Ring With Missing Stone.

If you had time to check out the various beaches this morning, it would be a good day to do it.  I don't doubt that you would eventually find some good hunting.  That is what I would have done if I had the time.

Looks like Tammy will be hanging around out there and continue to have some effect on us.

The high tides are good and high.  Over three feet.

Remember the last couple of years, October and November produced some good finds.  Things seem to be shaping up again.


Surf Chart from SurfGuru.com

This looks promising.  We're supposed to get some pretty good surf on Friday and Saturday.  With the higher tides we're getting and the start we already have, it looks promising despite the less-than-optimal angles.  I'm pretty sure that if you can look at a few beaches, there will be some places worth spending some time.  If it wasn't for the remaining renourishment sand, it would be even better.

Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net