Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2020

12/14/20 Report - Contents of EO. Coil Ear Problems and Repair. Nice High Tides.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Pepper Park Around 10:40 AM.
Photo by DJ. 

If you looked at the blog at the right time today, this photo was less than five minutes old.  DJ sent it right after taking it and I got it and posted it right away.

---


It seems the coil ears are a common problem. Here is what Joe D. said about that. 

 I've had two different Nox coils break coil ears! It's a fault with the molding process, and/or the thermoplastic formulation! MineLab will not acknowledge that this is a problem, but they do replace the coils without a problem, under warranty! I've never had this problem with any other coils!

Jerry P. came up with the following fix for a broken coil ear on his Garrett Infinium.

He said, I had a similar failure on one ear of my Garrett Infinium coil as you talked about in yesterday’s Blog.  Here are a couple of photos showing how I repaired it. I added two scrap pieces of plastic (I used part of a surplus electrical outlet box) and epoxied them on either side of the broken ear mount. Worked like a charm!


Jerry P's Coil Ear Repair.


Another View of Jerry P's Coil Ear Repair.

I never had a coil ear break, but I've had some that didn't hold very well without some additional care or help.

Thanks guys.

---


EO Dug by DJ

DJ used an acid bath to clean the EO and found the following inside.  Here said, After brief acid bath,  heavy sharp edge grey/silvery metal appears. Slightly magnetic. 26g or 7/8oz.


Three Views of the Cleaned EO.
Photos by DJ

Your thoughts and opinions, as always are welcome.  

---

Some finds are more sparkly than others.





---

The surf will be around two to three feet for a few days, but the high tides Monday are going to be nice and high.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net