Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2020

12/25/20 Report - Million Dollars Gold Coins Found. Beaches Christmas Morning. Coming Higher Surf.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.



---


This morning I decided to go to the beach to see if there were any reindeer tracks in the sand.  I didn't see any, but the wind was whipping pretty good and it was chilly.  At first the waves were hitting from a good northerly angle, but on the South Hutchinson Island beaches I didn't see any cuts.  Here is what I saw at John Brooks.


John Brooks Beach Christmas Morning A Little Before Low Tide.


Normally I would have done at least a little checking with the metal detector, but this morning I had a lot of Christmas activities on my mind, so under the circumstances I skipped it.


John Brooks Beach Christmas Morning.


And here is what Walton Rocks looked like.


Wlaton Rocks Beach Christmas Morning.


Walton Rocks Beach Christmas Morning.

---

A bird watcher found over $1 million of ancient gold coins.  Here is how he described the find.

“That evening I was doing a bit of bird-watching,” he said. “After watching a dogfight between a buzzard and a pair of magpies, I stared down and spotted something lying in a bit of the deep ploughed soil which ran around the edge of the field.”

He nearly passed it, thinking the metal chip was an old washer. Then he “rubbed it and felt its thickness.”

“I saw the glint of gold and realized it was a beautiful Celtic gold stater, which made me sit down in sheer shock,” he said. “I then spotted the second coin two feet away and rushed home to get my [metal detector].” It gave him a “really strong” signal that more was just below the surface.

After about 18 inches of digging, he unearthed a copper bangle — likely the handle of a pitcher of gold coins. “Gently,” he lifted the vessel and out came a “cascade” of gold — “a vision which will remain with me for the rest of my life,” he recalled. “I had to sit down to get my breath back. I had only come out for a walk and found a Celtic hoard.”

Here is the link for the rest of the story.

Birdwatcher discovers $1M worth of ancient Celtic gold coins (nypost.com)

Thanks to Dean R. for that link.

The find was reported in the November 2020 issue of Treasure Hunting Magazine, described as  Britain's best selling metal detecting magazine.

---

Right now the wind is N/NW and the surf is around two or three feet.  The tides are small today, but it looks like next week we might get some higher surf. 

 

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Christmas Blessing to All,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net