Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2021

9/10/21 Report - South Hutchinson Island Beaches Today.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Frederick Douglass Beach Friday Morning.

I took a look at some South Hutchinson Island Beaches Friday morning.  Above is Frederick Douglass beach.  It was very sandy with no signs of erosion anywhere.  I guess I wasn't even inspired enough to take more photos there.  I think I just forgot.

There were some nicely formed waves, but I didn't see any surfers.  Maybe they were up at Sebastian Inlet or someplace.

The paddleboarder shown below was down at Walton Rocks.

Walton Rocks Friday Morning.

No cuts down there either.   You could see that the high tide had been up high and had smoothed out the beach front.

To the north it was pretty much the same, but there were good numbers of shells, which started to get washed away as the tide came in.


Shells on Beach.

I saw a few fossils, a little sea glass and a shard in the shells.  I always enjoy looking through the shells.  I was hoping today to see a good shard or perhaps and arrow head or something like that - but it didn't happen today.

There were no significant cuts at Walton Rocks.

Overall, the high tides and increased surf did not improve the Treasure Coast beaches very much.  There was a spot or two that I hoped would open up but did not.


Fort Pierce South Jetty Friday Morning.

You can see that the water is up to the top of the slope and it wasn't near high tide yet.

Below is a sample of the types of things you would most likely find on some of the beaches today.


Shard, Fossil Tooth, Seaglass, Copper and Coin Finds.

Larry didn't do much for us, and the surf will be decreasing again.

Source: magicseaweed.com.


There is still hope, and it won't be long before the summer fades and we get some rougher winter weather.


Source: nhc.noaa.gov

No storms of immediate interest out there now.

I have a lot more to talk about and show tomorrow and in the future.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net