Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

4/19/23 Report - Nice Finds. Bottle Treasures in the current Sedwick auction. Gold Chain Treasure.


Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.



A Couple Nice Old Flasks and Milk Bottle
Found by Mike M.

 

I received the above photo and following message from Mike M.

I have been out of town for family visit and decided to do some metal detecting. I stumbled up on a spot in a urban area and came across many broken bottles so I decided to metal detect the area but to my surprise I found mini bombs ever just laying on top of the ground or some white covered in the dirt this is just a example of the best bottles I think I recovered. Hope you enjoy. Thank you for all you do.

Great finds Mike.  Thanks for sharing.

---

Below are two bottles listed in the current Sedwick treasure auction.  One is a J. Bourne and Son stoneware master ink bottle and the other is a Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce bottle.


I've found both of those kinds of bottles on the Treasure Coast.  I showed both of them befoire.

Here is the post showing my first J. Bourne stoneware ink bottle.

The Treasure Beaches Report Direct From Florida's Treasure Coast.: 12/29/11 Report - J. Bourne Bottle & More

And here is another.

Treasure Beaches Report: Pt. 2. (2020 and Beyond). : 4/25/21 Report - Some Very Recent Finds That Reveal A Little About Treasure Coast and Fort Pierce History. (tbr2020.blogspot.com)

They are about ten years apart.  I've found others that are not in such good condition.

Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce bottles are very common and most bottle diggers wouldn't even bother with them.

The difference with the bottles in the auction is that both are from a famous shipwreck (SS Republic), making them more valuable.

Research can add value to finds.


---


Here is just one more item from the current Sedwick auction (lot 1383), a 67.5 inch gold chain with an auction estimate of up the $20,000 and a current bid of $15,000.

----

Having some good tides today,


Fort Pierce Tides
Source: MagicSeaweed.com.

---

I stopped at two gas stations that were closed yesterday before I found one that still had gas.  I don't know if that will be any better tomorrow.

The destruction of America is proceeding at a rapid rate.

Prepare.

TreasureGuide@comcast.net