Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

11/1/23 Report - Treasure Coast Beaches Eroding Right NOW! Sedwick Treasure Auction Goes Live Tomorrow.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Turtle Trail Around Noon Wednesday.

I had an appointment in the Vero area and was going by Turtle Trail, so got the chance to take a look.  As you can see, Turtle Trail was eroding.  It was just a touch after high tide.


Turtle Trail Around Noon Wednesday.


Looking at the beach, you could see what I've been talking about.  The brisk north wind was pushing the water to the south as it came off the beach.

DJ sent this photo yesterday pointing out the brisk wind.  He saw the gale warnings online.


Turtle Trail Tuesday.
Photo by DJ.

Here is what DJ sent me along with the photo.


Buried in the link above text from nws is: 
GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE
WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...North winds increasing to 25 to 30 knots with gusts up to
  40 knots possible. Seas 7 to 12 feet.

* WHERE..., Sebastian Inlet to Jupiter Inlet 0-20 miles from land

---
If you look at the SurfGuru surf chart, you'll notice the period of north wind on the chart.

I just wanted to point out the eroding beaches while it is happening.  Don't know if I'll get a chance to get out and do some metal detecting.  I hope so but doubt it.

---




---

I'll keep it short so I can get it posted now.

Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net

\