Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2023

11/3/23 Report - Part II. Watching Treasure Coast Beach Conditions And Other Beaches Thanks to Readers in the Field. Finds Too.

 

These are photos from Thursday.  I'm posting them Friday morning.

First from GC.

Fort Pierce South Jetty Thursday.

GC sent these photos of Fort Pierce South Jetty.  


Fort Pierce South Jetty Thursday.


GC did some detecting there and said it was not worthwhile.


Fort Pierce South Jetty Thursday.

I took at Fort Pierce South Jetty a time or two in the past week when going to Brooks and Douglass and didn't think it was worth detecting.  Don't really remember how much I tested it, if at all.

Russ P. sent the following photos from Bonsteel.


Bonsteel Beach Thursday.



Bonsteel Beach Thursday.

Below are Russ' Bonsteel finds.


Bonsteel Finds by Russ P.

You might recall that some of the treasure finds from last year came from down in the Martin County area.  

Here is what Michael T. said.

Good morning it’s Mike T. from Stuart. As you know there hasn’t been a lot of good spots to hunt lately with all the sand that had built back in but we finally got our first nor’easter and there were some really good spots that opened up on some of the Martin County beaches. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen so many drop offs and cuts running the length of the beaches!
    When I saw the forecast for a strong North wind for at least one good high tide I got more excited than a kid in on Christmas Eve. :)
  The pics are from three separate hunts over 24 hours from Wednesday evening when the north wind was really howling to Thursday evening when it had shifted more to the east and things were starting to fill. The first evening Wednesday when the north wind was blowing straight down the beach about 40 miles an hour there were so many turtle nests that had been washed out that the eggs were falling out of the cuts and blowing down the beach like ping-pong balls it was actually quite strange to see it happening. It was a first for me to see so many!
   It’s always good to find some gold and I was very hopeful. That would be the case. The two bracelets are 14 karat and the two charms are 10 karat. There were some various silver items as well like charms, pendants etc.
    I mostly use my equinox 800 with the 15 inch coiltech coil. It covers a lot of ground quickly and then when I found a few really good spots I came back with my Whites Dualfield PI machine to clean up the deep small stuff.
     Nine hours of heavy hunting. I’m pretty sore this morning its gonna take a few days to recover but it was worth it.   I didn’t see as many people out hunting as I thought I would given good conditions, but hopefully some others had some good finds as well.
    November has always been one of my favorite months with the cold fronts starting their annual march down the state and that North wind blowing.
    Well wishes to you and the family.
Happy Hunting!

Below are the photos Mike sent.

Cut At Martin County Beach.



Fmds by Mike T.


Finds By Mike T.


Martin County Cut Beach.


Finds by Mike T.


Finds by Mike T.

Congratulations Mike.  You put in some good work and came away with some good finds.

Thanks to all three of you guys for sharing.

---

It seems like some of the cuts that were sharp the first day have been softening.  That seems to be the most descriptive terms I can come up with. 

It is common for a front to come through and the first day or so while the wind is north to see some good sharp cuts, but then the wind shifts around and starts to refill the beaches.  Of course, and when that happens some of the other spots that run in different directions and didn't initially cut, can then open up.

Good hunting,
Treasureuguide@comcast.net