Search This Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2023

11/24/23 Report - A Recent Metal Detecting Hunt and a Variety of Finds from the Treasure Coast. Park Closure for...

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Bracelet Found by Dan B.

Dan sent the following email along with the accompanying photos.


Today was just one of those spectacular days. I truly don't get them very often and today was one of the best.   My family was away for the holiday and I stayed back for work...so I decided to go out and do some more hardcore hunting and was rewarded over and over. 

I spent hours walking the river.  All the rain and wind had transformed the area quite a bit.  The water was very high and there was a lot of material and bottles to look through.  I walked much further than I have ever been and found a bottle dump that I never knew existed full of beautifully colored glass and ceramics from probably the turn of the last century.  

On my walk back I I was purposely looking for things roadside when a golden bracelet blinked at me from many feet away.  It was on a concrete culvert where some kids were probably sitting.   I knew it was gold by the clasp right away and was really thrilled to find such a nice piece.   

As I was driving South and examining the piece, I realized that not only had it been crushed but it was missing an ending. I first thought it was just a crushed loop that was missing but then it hit me. I tried the bracelet on my wrist and it wasn't even close to fitting.  So I assumed and hoped there was a chunk missing in the grass.  I went and looked (with some curious onlookers) and after failing to find it I looked at a video I had taken to identify the exact spot.  When I did, I looked in the right area and wham! Another nice section of bracelet.  So thrilling. 

But that wasn't it.. and I apologize for the long windedness but it will be worth the read.

I then proceeded to a favorite railroad area that has been very good to me in the past. This time rigged with both coils instead of just the sniper I have been using for years.  I got setup with the lager coil and set to just get some swing time.  

I first checked the bracelet on my AT pro and was very very surprised to get a 41/42 reading which is clearly in the foil region. That is especially good to know but painful at the same time if you know what I mean. Would have never imagined.  Of course I am yet to test the bracelet but I have no doubts of it's authenticity.

So as if my day wasn't already thrilling enough, I just started to find stuff left and right because of the depth abilities of the larger coil.    I also have to confirm this but my results were contradictory to my expectations in high iron spots. I thought for sure that a smaller coil would be better for trash spots but I cleaned up today in nail alley with that standard coil for the AT pro.  (Working on theories for those observations) 

And I was digging some very deep holes. 

Out of all of the targets, the only thing I can't identify is the tiny rectangular box that would slide open. 
I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the mystery box and what might be inside. I hope you enjoyed sharing my adventure.  Good stuff

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
And Happy Holidays. 
                                          Dan B


Below are some other items found by Dan B.










What do you think the little box is? 

Let Dan know.

---
i  
Source: surfguru.com


As you can see, a small surf is expected for the next week.  The high tides will still be pretty high though.  

I'd like to see some good low tides.

---

Ohhhhhh  Nooooo! 

Here it comes again.

Treasure Shores Park will be closed Monday the 27th for beach renourishment.

---

Tomorrow I plan to show some older relics.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net