Search This Blog

Thursday, November 2, 2023

11/3/23 Report - Watching Changing Conditions on the Treasure Coast.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


In  Front of the Turtle Trail Access Thursday Near High Tide.

I had an appointment in Vero again today, so when I was done with that I got a chance to take a look at one of the nearer beaches.  Unfortunately, it was near high tide.

The photo above was from right in front of the access at Turtle Trail.  The water was intermittently hitting the face of the cut.

The photo made the cut look higher than it was, but I think it was five feet or so at that location.


Looking North From In Front of the Access


Standing on top, the cut doesn't look as big.  The rough water was keeping most beach goers on the walkover.


Turtle Tail Towards the Second Flag Pole.

The cut wasn't so big down by the second flagpole, but the photo makes the cut look even smaller, since I was standing on top of the dry sand focusing down when I took the photo.


Erosion Control Bags Showing About a Hundred Yards South of the First Flag Pole.


I didn't get a good photo of the bags.  I had to snap the photo when the water was at its lowest to show them.   The water was covering them most of the time, but they were sticking out more today.  This is the place where they seemed to be most exposed at the time. 


Turtle Trail Down Towards The Second Flag Pole.

Since it was nearly high tide when I was there, I was only able to metal detect the area right in front of the cut, which was all renourishment sand.  In places it was pretty mushy.

I would have liked to have been there later so I could metal detect, or at least see, the area in front of the bags.  

At least some of the renourishment sand is being dragged out.


Surf Chart For Fort Pierce Inlet Area.


I'm not expecting much more improvement.  There is still a lot of replenishment sand.  The tides are not as big, and the winds are switching direction.

At least some of the renourishment sand got moved, but so did a lot of the turtle eggs, which were unfortunate enough to be in the renourishment sand.

---

Oh, by the way, the Sedwick auction was live today.  I didn't have time to check that out.


See next post for additional beach reports.


Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net