Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

1/10/23 Report - A Couple Nice Glass Finds and a LIttle History. Milk Glass Salt Shakers. Man Missing Near Ft. Pierce Inlet.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.



Here is an Atlas E-Z Seal bottle I found a good while ago.  As you can see, I never cleaned it up.  It still has dirt on it.  Most importantly, it is missing it's top.  I like it, but nothing special.

Then I found one that cleaned up super well.  



Atlas E-Z Seal Pint Jar in Great Condition.

It has some great bubbles too.

The Atlas E-Z Seal jar, produced from the early 1900s to the 1950s, is a popular style among collectors due to its unique lid locking system. The jar has the Atlas name in block letters and the embossed “E-Z Seal,” a design that sets it apart from other Atlas Mason jars...

Those with bubbles, I would presume would be from the early part of that date range.  With more research, I could probably narrow down the likely date of these particular jars.

Here is a link for more about those jars.

Atlas Mason Jar Identification and Value Guide (heirloomsathome.com)

My dad worked as a youth in the 1940s in a Hazel Atlas plant, so I always wonder if the Hazel Atlas bottles I find might have been packed by him.

---

Not too long ago I found a milk glass item that I thought was probably a mid-century salt shaker.  I mentioned that I thought I had one to go with it, but couldn't find the other one.  Well, I just ran across it, and it was unfortunately not a match.


I don't have the tops anyhow.

---

You probably heard about this.  A there has been a search for a man, possibly lost near the Fort Pierce inlet.  His boat was found, but not him.  Maybe he has been found.  I hope so.

Here is thr got motr snout that.

Search for missing boater near Fort Pierce | WPEC (cbs12.com)

Pray for him.

---

Some people are tired of the chaos in the United States, but there will be contention and chaos no matter who is elected.   The battle lines between good and evil are drawn and the move is on to "radically" change America, as Obama promised.  Even if good men do nothing, there will still be the chaos radical change, not only in America but around the world. 

As they say, "Evil prevails when good men do nothing."  At this time in history, if you believe in something and stand for it, there will be a battle, but of you surrender, there will still be the slaughter of the innocents.

---

The wind is currently from the north, with a northeast swell, but the surf is not big,


Surf Chart from SurfGuru.com.

Good hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net