Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

8/26/20 Report - Florida Treasure Hunting History and Art McKee. One History Book of The Florida Keys.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of The Treasure Beaches Report.

Source: Hidden History of the Florida Keys by Albritton and Wilkinson.

After I mentioned the time that I met Art McKee when I was in the Keys doing some metal detecting, JamminJack sent me what appears to be a chapter from the book Hidden History of the Florida Keys, which had a picture of Art's museum and a lot of other information about Art.

The chapter also showed a picture of the postcard shown above.  Not only is a a great postcard and a nice piece of Florida treasure hunting history but I love the message:  How do you find treasure? -- You just keep looking.

The chapter Jack sent me also had photos of the both of Art's treasure museums.  If I correctly recall, it was the one that looked something like a castle that I was at.

I think this is the one.


Art McKee's Treasure Museum
Source: Hidden History of the Florida Keys by Albritton and Wilkinson.

I didn't get north of Ambersands yesterday but Jack also sent some beach cam images of that area.

Here is one.

Sebastian Beach
Web Cam Image Submitted by JamminJack.


You can also check the available beach cams.

Thanks to JamminJack.

---

As you probably know, Laura has become a very strong hurricane and is about to hit land around Lake Charles.

The Treasure Coast surf is small again.  Down around two feet or so.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net